10 Reasons It’s Time To Go For Virtual Conferencing
The great strides of technology, particularly communications and the internet, have changed the game for many businesses. With little capital, marketing and raising the public’s awareness of your business and your brand have become attainable for anyone with a computer and an internet connection. Smart phones have made it easier to reach customers and maintain them with rewards and notification of specials and sales. These benefits are bound to improve your business and help you grow, but you know it isn’t all about marketing and brand building. There is a lot more to running a business and technology can help you there as well.
As a business owner, you have to keep abreast of regulations, new products, emerging technology and you have people you must meet with to be able to move forward. This involves travel, time spent away from the day to day operations of your business, and of course the money needed to attend the functions, trade shows and seminars that can mean moving your business forward or lagging behind your competitors. Fortunately, technology has brought you tools that can alleviate this burden, and allow you to invest the money it saves you back into your business where it belongs.
What Can Technology Do for You?
You’ve probably heard of telephone conferencing and in this day and age, you have probably engaged in it. Telephone conferencing is a way for a group of people in disparate locations to get together and discuss business issues without ever leaving the office. Though phone conferencing is helpful, it has its drawbacks, the largest of which is there is no opportunity for visual aids. Here’s where visual conference calls come into play. Visual conference calls, also known as web conferences, are conducted over the internet. All you need are a webcam, a USB headset an internet connection and a conferencing tool, many of which are free or very low cost. With these tools, you can meet with vendors, employees, business partners or anyone you need to conference with face-to-face. With these tools you will be able to not only see who you are talking to, but you will be able to show reports, graphs, marketing materials, videos or any other materials you need to get your point across. No longer will you be talking to a faceless voice over the phone, and as an added bonus, you will be able to conduct your meeting from anywhere.
What Real Benefits Are There to Video Conferencing?
There are a lot of benefits to video conferencing and here are at least ten of them.
1. Gone are the days of living out of a suitcase. You won’t have to check and double check your hotel reservations, hoping that you get the best deal even though you are traveling at the drop of a hat. You will be able to sleep in your own bed and even hold the conference from the comfort of your own home should you so choose.
2. Forget about the harried environment of the airport. Aside from the money you will save on plane fare, you also save the embarrassment of showing the unmatched socks you’re wearing when you take your shoes off at the security gate. Oh, and those socks are unmatched because you got up late and would have missed the plane if you hadn’t grabbed the first pair you encountered in your drawer.
3. You won’t have to worry about grabbing a cab and having the scary driver take you to the wrong hotel because he really wasn’t sure where it was, then charging you for his mistake.
4. You won’t have to try to find a decent trainer you never met to train your staff in the new out-of-state location. You can train them yourself as if you’re standing right there.
5. You will be able to see that new material you wanted to buy before you order more than you can afford to abandon.
6. Though sometimes you will have to travel, your staff will be able to show you the result of that grand opening you had but were unable to attend. Yes, they took pictures and video.
7. When you make that deal on a verbal promise, you can record that web conference as a little extra insurance.
8. When you can’t make it to the storefront you are interested in renting, you can see it with a web conference and decide if it is worth visiting in person.
9. When you want to give that pep talk or introduce a new idea to the staff at multiple locations, you can meet with them simultaneously saving you travel costs, time and your voice — one presentation for everyone.
10. Best of all for your employees at different locations is that you are able to get all of them together, introduce them and give everyone the feeling that they are all part of the same team.