10 year anniversary
It has been 10 years since I moved to the U.S. 11 years ago, I woke up one morning looking out the window and thought, “I always wanted to live in New York. Why am I not there?” I left an year after that.
Moving to a foreign country and now calling it home gave me a chance to take the risk, get out of my comfort zone and peel the multiple layers to discover who I am. I celebrate my 10 years in the U.S is not because of money I’ve earned or knowledge I’ve gained. I am thankful for struggles that showed up and celebrate how I have become.
I want to celebrate that,
- I learned how to be gentle and understanding with myself and others
- I know I am a progress not a perfection
- I am aware when I am harsh to myself
- I am tuned into my emotions instead of avoiding it
- I am responsible not a victim
- I speak from my heart and don’t think too much
- I know how to be gentle and understanding with myself and others
- I know what’s ok and not ok for me and others
- I practice loving all of myself, even the darkest side of me
- I know giving is the only way to love
I also want to celebrate that I have,
- Courage to commit and surrender
- Courage to hit a bottom, keep at what I want and eventually get it
- Courage to be in the grey (not choosing black or white)
- Power of letting things go
- Power to get up quickly when I fall
Challenges showed up
- My ego
- The desire to win
I know the challenges show up everyday. I just choose what’s right not what’s easy.