Top B-schools That Accept CAT in India
With rapidly flying time, most B-schools have started gearing up for 2015 MBA admission. Most of the top B-schools that accept CAT scores have declared their notification for the current or upcoming academic year. There are nearly 150 B-schools accepting CAT score for MBA admission. It is important to know the application structure and dates along with the cut off percentile for these institutes. Depending on your percentile in the CAT results, you can shortlist and apply to B-schools which may call you for the next round of the selection process that includes Group Discussion, Personal Interview and/or Written Ability Test.
Some of the B-schools that accept CAT scores are as follows:
• Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
• Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
• Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
• Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi
• Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
• Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
• Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
• Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
• Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
• Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
• SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
• Indian Institute of Management, Indore
• National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
• Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
• Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
• Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management, Shillong
• Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
• Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
• TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal
• Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
• RICS School of Built Environment, Amity University, Noida
• BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
• National Insurance Academy, Pune
Unlike IIMs which have already set and declared their cut off for the current academic year, the other B-School have no particular cut off as such and mostly depend on last year’s cut off. However, in most probable case the cut offs will remain the same or in similar range.
The cut off percentile for CAT will vary from B-school to B-school. It may be anything within the bracket of 50 to 100. While the top B-schools like IIMs, DMS IITs, FMS Delhi University have cut off as high as 95+ percentile, many tier II and tier III B-schools with lower ranks have cut off range starting from 45 percentile.
MICA does not have a particular CAT cut off but accepts the application of all the candidates who have taken CAT and other national MBA entrance exams and further conducts its own admission test MICAT to shortlist candidates for Group Exercise and Personal Interview rounds. According to Alliance School of Business (Alliance University), Bangalore the institute does not have a particular CAT cut off but 70 percentile and above will give the prospective student a fair chance.
However, there is a caveat. The cut offs of the top B-schools that accept CAT scores is only an indication of the quality of students the institutes look for admitting. Apart from the cut offs there are various criteria for short listing and selection such as past academic records, work experience, etc. to name a few. Hence it cannot be guaranteed that obtaining the cut off percentile will ensure a call from the B-schools you have applied.
One more important aspect you should keep in mind while applying to these B-schools is that each of these institutes may have their own selection preferences even after having their cut off percentile. You must find out these details while applying.