How to Perform a Coconut Oil Enema
If you are not into mineral oil, then coconut oil is a great alternative for you. Coconut oil is a natural and safer option when compared to mineral oil.
Various studies have been performed to find out various properties of coconut oil. Coconut oil contains traces of unsaturated oils, but the thing that separates it from other unsaturated oils is that it doesn’t turn rancid. Coconut oil has been tested at room temperature for a duration of one year and it showed no signs of rancidity, both in terms of smell or taste. It is rich in vitamin E, essential fatty acids and when used on a regular basis is said to lower cholesterol level and reduce weight.
Organic, unrefined oil is one of the healthiest and the most versatile dietary oil in the world. Unrefined coconut oil is very healthy and is filled with delicious coconut aroma and flavor. It helps in maintaining healthy ratios of HDL or high-density lipoprotein known as good cholesterol as well as low-density lipoproteins or LDL, known as bad cholesterol. It also helps in maintaining a healthy thyroid function.
Reportedly, it also has anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-viral properties. It also makes up for an amazing lubricant. Unrefined coconut oil contains lauric acid- which is also found in mother’s milk along with some other medium chain fatty acids. Unlike fat, these fatty acids get quickly metabolized and converted into energy, rather than getting stored in the body.
Coconut oil enema recipe
• Extra virgin coconut oil- 8 oz.
• Warm filtered water- 1 ½ quart
The coconut oil needs to stay above a temperature of 75 degrees Fahrenheit to stay in the liquid state.
• The best way to perform a coconut oil enema is as mentioned below.
• Mix the oil and water in a bowl thoroughly and transfer the concoction to enema equipment, such as an enema bulb syringe.
• Inject the enema bulb syringe into your rectum, transferring all the contents in.
• Try to retain the enema for as long as you can, but not more than 15 minutes.
• Now go to the toilet and evacuate all the contents.
• Oils enemas are best to be followed by a plain water enema. The water enema helps with getting rid of all the traces of oil and leaking oil later.