Becoming 20 years old.
I just became 20 this month, Sharing my learnings and experiences throughout my teenage years so that it may help you overcome things I learned the hard way!
- Start learning early but never start earning early. It will make you believe that money is the most important thing It is one of the most important things!
- Try and fail early.
- Seek Mentorship else if you don’t find one ( in my case ), the internet is here for your help.
- Be ambitious and not the one who takes everything for granted, life can throw you off the league if you don’t have any directions for yourself.
- Try everything, but don't try to learn everything. ( You’ll get it )
- Respect your bosses, don't shit where you eat.
- Not everyone gets a chance, if you got one avail it! make the most of it!
- There will be competitions, no need to worry! Slowly is the fastest way to where you want to be.
- Train yourself to work under pressure.
I’ll write in detail about it later
First of all Avoid Relationships since they are haram, but if you are into them try to keep these points in your mind, I’ve observed people who compromise on the following things usually suffer!
- Do you like someone? Go tell him/her directly, not the world about it!
- If the other person says NO! IT MEANS NO! Respect him/her’s choice. Understand the meaning of No. Don't let those filthy television dramas fill up your minds with junk that has nothing to do with real life.
- Find someone to whom you can connect mentally, you’ll find beautiful faces everywhere, classy minds are rare!
- Don’t confuse infatuations with love. Give yourself time, you’ll figure it out.
- If she hasn't replied to your text, it's time to move on. She’s a young woman in the 21st century, She spends every waking hour on her phone. I promise you she has seen your message. If she liked you she would have interrupted a damn event to reply to you. Understand and move on
- Never be impulsive when it comes to love or liking someone, give yourself time & think rationally.
- Never come near to obscenity, it will kill your mindset in the most destructive way possible.
- Got a problem with the other person, Communication is the key!
I’ll write in detail about it later
Life: Principle | Experience | Advice | Philosophy| I learned and live by
- Let others win, you will be awarded from places you never knew existed.
- Respect can take you to places your ego can’t.
- Don’t talk openly about other girls, respect as if they are sisters without any brother, your mind will automatically start seeing them as human.
- Skill / Degree both are important, speaking from experience. A degree is nothing without skill similarly skill is often nothing without a degree. Don't fall into the trap of becoming skillful, there are a lot of factors you won't consider. The goal is to become literate and skillful if either of them is missing then it means you are yet to become what you should have been!
- Read Books ( Not talking about novels but non-fiction ). My top 10 favorite books are -1) Deep Work by Cal Newport — 2) The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy. — 3) The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma — 4)Rich Dad poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki — 5) How to eat an elephant Bill Hogan — 6) Why I stopped wearing Socks by Alok Kejriwal — 7) A brief history of time by Stephen Hawking — 8) The $100 startup by Chris Guillebeau. — 9) HyperFocus by Chris Bailey — 10) No Rules Rules: Netflix and the Culture of Reinvention by Erin Meyer and Reed Hastings.
- People are awesome, you need to believe in them.
- Inaction is a slow death
- Put Allah’s share in everything.
- Be soft with others and hard with yourself
- Appreciate and compliment good friends, they deserve it.
- Remember death & the afterlife.
- Don't rely on resources, rely on Allah. You will get opportunities from where the human brain ceases to think. ( I work on a computer 1 level greater than Core2duo, I don't even have a laptop yet I am alhamdulillah way more ahead of people who do! No high specs required to win)
- Respect your parents spend time with them, they ain't going to stay here forever.
- Cherish sincere people in your life, tell them you know they are awesome.
- Don’t quit bad habits, pause them & eventually you’ll forget why you even had them in the first place ( Tried & tested)
- Know when to have fun & when to work your ass off.
- Kill your ego if you want to work in the world.
- Teach people what you know most respectably and sincerely possible.
- Don't make fun of someone's insecurity, everyone knows what's wrong with them, what they lack! please don’t remind them by making it more fun. Let me be more precise about this. “Never make fun of anything the other person doesn’t have any control on” such as their financial condition, family, skin color, height, brain retardation and you know !!
- If someone told you their secret, forget it. Even if things went wrong with the person, always remember the other person trusted you no need to break it.
- Don’t take advice from people who ain't as hungry as you are for that particular thing.
- Say thank you, apologize when you’re wrong.
- Exercise is an anti-depressant! Exercise helps you overcome anxiety & stress. ( Feeling stressed? Run for 1 minute! You’ll feel the difference )
- Stay away from Intoxicants and Ambitionless people. Both will slightly destroy you.
- Never go against your principles at any cost but Always be open to new ideas. ( Don’t confuse principles with mindset )
- If a person asks for help, put your grudges aside when it comes to helping someone. Assist them. Don’t let your personal life intervene in your ideologies, morals, and professionalism.
- If your friends ain't celebrating your success they aren’t your friends.
- Believe your intuition, but don’t believe every thought your brain made up.
- The price of success is work, no cold showers, no meditation, or anything just pure honest work.
- Strangers help you, your people will often envy and get jealous of you. Those who don’t know you recognize your value.
- Don’t flex on materialistic things, there are people right in front of you who are wishing to have things you are flexing upon.
Still, there are many things pertinent but I think that's it for now. I’ll add more if I feel like adding. Thank me later xD