How to Mine Bitcoin with CPU on Windows and Linux(Debian/Ubuntu)
Bitcoin is a digital currency based on Blockchain technology with sha256 Algorithm and works on Proof of Work. The blocks are generated by POW technology.
Create your wallet for Bitcoin
1. Go to https://blockchain.info/wallet/
2. Click on sign up and fill your details, then sign in.
3. Click on request button.
4. Now you will be able to see your wallet address.
Windows CPU Mining Steps
We will be using CPU Miner Software for Bitcoin Mining
Download the latest CPU Miner software for Windows
extract the zip file and edit the “RUN-TimeTravel.bat” file
cpuminer-gw64-corei7 -a sha256d -o stratum+tcp://connect.pool.bitcoin.com:3333 -u 1HmfbfGHey2oTExiQwHag16N1tb8ATSeYv -p c=BTC
Just copy and replace the above line in your .bat file, only change your wallet address
-a = Algorithm of coin which you are mining
-o = Your pool address and port number
-u = Your wallet address
Now double click on .bat file and your CPU mining will get stated.
Linux(Debian/Ubuntu) CPU Mining Steps
For Linux users will have to compile the cpuminer software
- You have to clone the repository.
2. You have to install the dependencies for compiling
sudo apt-get install automake autoconf pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev libssl-dev libgmp-dev make g++
3. Go inside the cpuminer-multi folder and run the build command
4. Create a new file called run.sh and paste the code
./cpuminer -a sha256d -o stratum+tcp://connect.pool.bitcoin.com:3333 -u 1HmfbfGHey2oTExiQwHag16N1tb8ATSeYv -p c=BTC
5. Now you have to change your wallet address in the file and save it
6. now you have to run the following command to make it executable
chmod +x run.sh
7. Now just run the run.sh and your CPU mining will get stated.
Congratulations on completing all the steps Happy Mining :)