More crazy hours at work meant for another tiring week but hopefully thats all done for a while. Thanks to a quirk at our place and despite tomorrow being a UK holiday…we don’t get it so no rest for the wicked. Booking a week off in June though to top up the batteries.
Caught up with Logan. Loved it even though the ending was telegraphed through the film. Finally a good Wolverine movie, and my favourite X-Men film.
Also got into Ready Player One, via Audible as I find long reading quite dull. Hour and a half in and I’m hooked. What can I say — #dannywasright
- Mossberg: The Disappearing Computer — Recode
Tech was once always in your way. Soon, it will be almost invisible.
Walt Mossberg is the tech writer and this is his last column. Loved his articles and recently enjoyed his Ctrl-Walt-Delete podcast. Will be missed.
- Heroic humour or Katie Hopkins? This was a week to choose British values | Marina Hyde | Opinion | The Guardian
Fantastic column from Marina Hyde…and hopefully the beginning of the end for the horror that is Hopkins.
- ‘Corbyn wrong to link foreign policy to terror’: UK defence secretary Sir Michael Fallon — YouTube
Fallon made to look foolish by Krishnan Guru-Murthy. Delicious.
- A Year of Google Maps
Detailed look at Google Maps constant improvement and Apple Maps relative stagnation. Google Maps still the top of rme.
- BBC One — Glasgow 1967: The Lisbon Lions
Great documentary — well worth a watch.
- James Bond on Twitter: “Bond, James Bond. Nobody does it better. We remember Sir Roger Moore. https://t.co/kalCFEslFY"
Nice tribute to Sir Roger Moore who passed this week but still a shit Bond in my opinion.
- Essential apps for switching from Mac to Windows — Charged
If you’re making the jump from Mac to Windows like I did, you’re probably missing some of your favorite apps. Here’s a selection of my favorite Windows apps.
Some good Windows apps recommended here.
- How Anker is beating Apple and Samsung at their own accessory game — The Verge
Inside the portable battery pack giant
Anker really is the goto for accessories.
- Emmanuel Macron on Twitter: “À Bruxelles, unis avec nos alliés de @NATO. https://t.co/7nyaoI8hki"
Can’t get bored of this…two fingers to Trump from Macron.
- Cover Story: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Definitive Preview | Vanity Fair
Star Wars devotees who can’t wait for December need look no further. With exclusive access to writer-director Rian Johnson, plus interviews with Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, and others, V.F. presents the ultimate sneak peek at The Last Jedi — and Carrie Fisher’s lasting legacy.
Some good info on the upcoming movie without anything being revealed. Roll on December.
- ‘Progress is painfully uneven’: Baltimore, 15 years after The Wire | Television
15 years! Sad to see so little has changed in Baltimore.
- Game of Thrones Season 7: Official Trailer (HBO) — YouTube
War is coming.
Originally published at iand.net.