So when I said last week that the kitchen will definitely finish last week I may have been a bit hasty. Floor is now down, painting mostly done but still a few outstanding jobs. Today and tomorrow have been promised. In other news, I’m off work this week. Woo hoo. New car to sort amongst other things.
Still enjoying Star Trek Discovery despite some dickish characters. Still enjoying Destiny 2 despite “The Grind”.
- The banning of Rose McGowan shows nothing’s changed at Twitter | Hannah Jane Parkinson | Opinion | The Guardian
The platform ‘sucks’ at dealing with abuse, its ex-CEO said. So you’d think they’d have learned not to silence an actor calling out Weinstein’s alleged sexual abuse, says Guardian columnist Hannah Jane Parkinson
Twitter will allegedly announce some new initiatives to help deal with abuse and hate on the platform but, despite their protests, appear to move too slowly with these changes. Protecting user numbers over users will always be the argument while they appear to do so little.
- The Rock Test: A Hack for Men Who Don’t Want To Be Accused of Sexual Harassment
- What’s Inside Every iPhone, From Retina Displays to Cameras
So much great tech. Not always the first but usually the best implementations of a given tech are to be found in an iPhone.
- Guys, It’s Time to Give Up Your “Dad Sneakers” | Men’s Health
No, fuck off.
- A Pre-History of Slashdot on its 20th Birthday — freeCodeCamp
Jeff chipped in a few bucks for the fees. Kathleen told me the name was stupid. I thought, “That’s kinda the point!” I originally used the name ‘slashdot’ on my desktop a year earlier when I got my…
Slashdot is one of those sites that seems to have been about forever. This was a daily visit alongside Blues News.
- The impossible dream of USB-C — Marco.org
Geeky but highlights the frustrations alongside the promise of the universal ports. They end up sucking.
- The Airport Bomber From Last Week You Never Heard About
The man was “preparing to fight a war on U.S. soil,” but was busted by cops — to little fanfare.
I shouldn’t be surprised that this was hardly reported.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer (Official) — YouTube
This is either a very spoilery trailer or very deceptive. Roll on December to find out.
Originally published at iand.net.