Way too much stuff to learn
Its easy to start seeing how one would begin but things get complicated as one goes on.
- want to write a web application
- find the right web framework
- get a web server that scales
- use the right proxy
- a database back end (sql/nosql)
- the right caching (redis, memcache, etc.)
- make RESTful APIs available
- check if REST has been killed by GraphQL, otherwise move to the next point
- as the CSS grows compile and use with LESS/SASS
- minify js files and source them properly
- find the right exception logging tools, analytics tools, etc.
- monitor the services and the application and get ready for a monthly release cycle.
Can it get more tricky? :)