Connect with your supporters using CallHub’s Voice and SMS Service
Originally published at siftery.com.
CallHub is a leading marketing platform for political campaigns, causes and businesses around the world that offers Phone Banking, Voice Broadcast and SMS Marketing Software services. CallHub help people put together great campaigns using their cloud telephony software.
Can you tell us about what you are working on ? What is CallHub?
CallHub helps advocacy organisations, political campaigns and businesses in their outreach efforts. We help them reach the right people at the right time with our Phone Banking, Voice and SMS Broadcasting software.
Why are you building this? What problem are you trying to solve?
Before CallHub existed, advocacy organisations hired staff paid by the hour, to come into their office and make calls using a normal telephone. The “Aha” moment was when a customer said that CallHub more than paid for itself with the tremendous amount of time it saved by helping them reach the right people at the right time.
I wanted to improve real-time communication between people and businesses but I struggled to find the right consumer segment that would need it desperately. Many advocacy groups and political campaigns have large communication requirements but struggle with finding a cost effective solution. With CallHub, I am able to provide world class telephony infrastructure, previously available only to political party insiders, to everyone. CallHub helps level the playing field between political candidates and in the process helps make the world a much better place.
Who are your top competitors & how is CallHub different from what’s already exists in the market? What’s unique about what you are building & why do you think companies should use CallHub?
Our understanding of large communication platforms, products and their usage is our biggest USP. We bring this knowledge to the advocacy and political space. Our experience across wide range of industries helps us understand our customers needs and it helps us serve our customer better.
We use data that is generated in the product to improve the quality of every conversation that happens in CallHub. As more customers use our product, the product gets better and customers have a better experience as well.
Who uses CallHub? Can you tell us a bit about the different customer segments using CallHub? What types of roles do your customers have at their companies ?
Grassroots Field organizers are our primary customer audience. They work with advocacy and political campaigns and their role is to engage with supporters and voters.
Candidates of political parties, large nationwide unions and communities are also a big segment. Sales teams in businesses are a large customer segment too.
How are your customers using CallHub? Could you share a few different use cases?
CallHub significantly increases the chances of a newcomer winning a political office. CallHub levels the playing field when it comes to political software, making technology available to everyone no matter what their affiliations are. Current tools and technologies supports party insiders. We make the same quality of innovative technology available to everyone.
We have a global audience of advocacy organizations, political parties and businesses. Specifically;
- To run volunteer driven voter calling campaigns during elections
- Contact potential donors to raise funds for causes
- Advocacy groups call people to talk about their cause
- Campaign managers recruit volunteers for a political campaign
- Business sales teams talking to their leads
- Send automated voice messages to leads or voters
Have there been unique use cases for CallHub that you hadn’t thought of or expected?
Customers using us for grassroot campaigns, using us to connect voters to their representatives ( Patch-through calls ) was an area we were unaware of before entering the space.
Who are some early/key customers?
Unions and Advocacy groups like GetUp in Australia were some of our key customers. We worked closely with them to grow the product. Political campaigns in France have also shaped the product.
Here is what some of CallHub’s customers have achieved so far.
- In the October 29, 2016 elections, the Pirate Party of Iceland won 10 seats in Parliament, up from 3 seats.
- The Australian Greens won 9 seats in the 2016 Federal Election
- Les Republicains of France recruited 800 volunteers in 4 months and made close to a million minutes of calls to their supporters.
Today we have 700+ customers who using CallHub, reach out to people in 200+ countries.
Were there any early ‘growth hacks’ or tactics that have contributed to your current success?
I worked very closely with our first few customers. I figured out their needs and moulded CallHub based on their feedback. One of the early comments I received was on the numerous tools a campaign manager had to use as part of their daily workflow. We integrated with many of these tools to make life simpler for them.
Our strategy has been to be open and transparent with our customers. This openness leads to greater trust and turns our customers into CallHub’s strongest advocates. There is nothing better than to hear your customers sing praises of your product to their peers.
What were some of the biggest challenges while building the product early on and how did you solve them?
Building CallHub to be a generic telephony service was easy, finding a niche for it that would help brand it and define its future was hard to determine. It took a while for us to find a space where we can grow and experiment, advocacy and political campaigns gave us that.
What have been some of the most interesting integrations you’ve added?Are there any that have been particularly impactful for you?
What are top 5–10 products that you depend to run the company & how do you use them?
We use the following products extensively,
- Intercom — Our customer support is on Intercom. We also use Intercom for the marketing drip emails. When we respond to a support request, we can see the customer’s usage of the product, all past communication with that customer in a single page. That enables us to serve the customers needs better.
- Google Analytics — We use Google Analytics in the marketing website. It tracks how the user navigates the marketing pages, the source of the traffic and the goal conversions using Google Analytics. We love the fact that Google analytics is also integrated with Adwords so that we can track all conversions together.
- Slack — For team communication, new signups, new customer notifications and notifications from all the other tools that we use. Slack is our internal wall. All activity related to the company is available on Slack. We get new customer notifications, sign-ups, code checkins and task updates on Slack. It helps keep everyone updated on all the activity. People subscribe to channels that they are most interested in. Slack also helps us join communication channels of our partners easily.
- Calendly.com — For scheduling meetings with our customers and prospects. Sometimes our customers needs to speak with someone about some specific scenarios. We use calendly teams to allow customers to schedule timeslots with our team. Calendly is integrated with our Google calendar, so the timeslots that we are free show ups automatically for our customers. You can also set which team member gets priority for the customer calls, this helps us share the customer’s calls among many people.
Do you use CallHub and recommend them? You can do it here https://siftery.com/callhub?recommend.