Prepare Beautiful and Professional Client Reports Quickly with ReportGarden
ReportGarden helps online ad agencies create analysis and performance reports for their clients. Most agencies face an issue in the beginning of the month trying to create reports. They take a long time to prepare and don’t convey the message to the client properly. ReportGarden aims to generate reports quickly while delivering the message by showcasing the data visually. They help you do this by linking with your adwords, analytics, bing ads accounts using APIs and loading data into your reports.
Can you tell us about what you are working on ? What is ReportGarden?
Ashok: The vision behind our Product is to improve the communication between Digital Ad Agencies and their clients. ReportGarden started by solving the biggest time sink for ad agencies, client reporting! With numerous marketing integrations, instead of searching through each integration to get the data, Agencies could simply link up all the sources to a ReportGarden account, and we automate their client reporting. ReportGarden offers Dashboards, CRM, Project Management Tool, Analytics & Invoices along with Client Reports.
Why are you building this? What problem are you trying to solve?
Ashok: The one major problem that we frequently read about in marketing forums was “Client Reporting”. Ad Agencies typically spent about 30–40 hours/month per Account Manager on Reporting. The problem was that the client data was spread across multiple channels and needed to be collated. We built a tool to help Agencies automate their client reporting and cut the time spent on reporting to zero. Today we are helping 1000+ agencies automate their reporting.
How is ReportGarden different from what’s already exists in the market? What’s unique about what you are building & why do you think companies should use ReportGarden?
Ashok: Our Product Roadmap comes directly from our customers, and this is our core USP. Every integration/feature in our software is client driven. We compete with big players like Klipfolio, Tapclicks, Ninjacat & DashThis and still manage a growth rate of 3X. Instant 24*7 customer service & client customizations helped us gain & retain our best customers. Here are some of the customizations /features that our customers love
- Campaign based reporting
- Multi Channel Reporting.
- Flexibility of modifying reports
- Free Unlimited Templates
- Automatic scheduling of reports
- Live dashboard Access
- SEO keyword tracking
- Customer Onboarding and 24/7 support.
- Fair pricing (Pay as you Go)
- 99.98% uptime and reliability
- SSL secured (Comodo)
- No training required to use the software.
Who uses ReportGarden? Can you tell us a bit about the different customer segments using ReportGarden? What types of roles do your customers have at their companies (Sales, Marketing, Devops, etc.)?
Ashok: ReportGarden is custom-built for digital ad agencies. For targeting purposes we segment the customer base as Small, Medium, Large Ad Agencies, Lead Generation Companies & Marketing Freelancers. This segmentation is directly linked to the number of client accounts maintained by the Agency. This is a typical hierarchy at Ad Agencies:
- Account Executives (PPC, SEO, Social etc.)
- Account Analysts (PPC, SEO, Social etc.)
- Account Managers ( (PPC, SEO, Social etc.)
- Head ( (PPC, SEO, Social etc.)
- Vice President (PPC, SEO, Social etc.)
- Agency Owner / CEO
How are your customers using ReportGarden? Could you share a few different use cases?
Ashok: The primary use case of ReportGarden is to create & schedule client reports. Different use cases include:
- E-Commerce companies using ReportGarden for their internal Analytics Reporting.
- In-house marketers using ReportGarden for sending monthly reports to their boss, as well as organization.
- ReportGarden being used as a BI/Data Visualization tool for marketers.
- Live Dashboards being used by teams to continuously monitor their campaigns. (Live Tracking)
Have there been unique use cases for ReportGarden that you hadn’t thought of or expected?
Ashok: ReportGarden being used as an internal reporting tool by e-commerce companies is something we’d never imagined. Also we never expected it to be used as a BI/Data visualization tool for internal reporting.
Were there any early ‘growth hacks’ or tactics that have contributed to your current success?
- Offering Campaign-based & Multi-channel Reporting: After trying out our competitors, we made a list of features that are missing. Instead of sending long Monthly Reports, we offered short & specific marketing reports like Campaign Reports, Overview Reports, Search Terms Reports etc. This made it easy for ad agencies to explain things to their clients.
- Starting 24* 7 Live Support & Chat: This was one big difference we thought we could offer as a USP. None of our primary competitors were offering this service. Getting Instant help makes users comfortable with the tool and makes it easy for them to try the tool. This instantly increased the signups.
- Inbound Marketing: Investing in Inbound very early on helped us gain customers at very low cost. We specifically wrote content targeting Ad Agencies and promoted it using paid & social channels. We saw a jump in traffic within 6 months of starting Inbound.
- OutBound Marketing: We tried outbound as an experiment with just 1 person working on it. Reaching out to Ad Agencies with our Sample Reports worked out amazingly well for us. We immediately scaled the team to 4 and this got us instant revenue.
What were some of the biggest challenges while building the product early on and how did you solve them?
Ashok: Figuring out the match between Ad Campaign data and the right visualization was one of the biggest challenges we faced early on. Talking to our Beta Customers, Competitor research & Ideal Customer Surveys helped us figure out the right match.
What have been some of the most interesting integrations you’ve added?Are there any that have been particularly impactful for you?
Ashok: Getting early into PPC integrations like Instagram Ads, Twitter Ads & Linkedin Ads is working well for us. Integrations like Google Drive helped us in transforming into a BI/ Data Visualization Tool from being a mere Ad Agency Reporting Tool.
What are top 5–10 products that you depend to run the company & how do you use them?
- ReportGarden — How could we live without this tool. We use ReportGarden primarily for SEO Keyword Rank Tracking, PPC Performance Reports & Live Campaign Dashboards.
- Hubspot — We use Hubspot Sales Platform as a CRM and to track our sales goals. This also helps in understanding the customer lifecycle.
- Stripe — Shifting to Stripe Payment gateway has made things a lot easy for us.
- Zendesk — Providing 24*7 quality Customer Support has helped us gain & retain good business. We run both Customer Support & Success happens on this platform. Zendesk also supports various other integrations like JIRA which helps us in coordinating with the Technical Support team.
- Unbounce — We primarily use Unbounce Pages for PPC Campaigns. Optimizing PPC Campaigns involves a lot of experiments with Page design, CTAs, Headlines, Colors etc. Unbounce offers amazing templates and the tool is easy to work.
- Sumome — This tool has helped us a lot in converting traffic into leads. We customize Sumome popups to offer e-books/Whitepapers etc. and get leads. The Content Analytics & Heat Maps are features that we check on a weekly basis.
- Buzzsumo — This helps us a lot in keeping a track of the latest & popular content on our ‘Target Keywords’. We use this tool to decide on the content topics & to outreach relevant influencers.
- HootSuite — This is our Social Listening Tool. Hootsuite helps us in monitoring the Social Media activity of our customers, competitors, Influencers & Trends. We also use HootSuite to schedule posts & tweets across all our Social Media assets.
- Segment.com — One-stop solution to communicate across integrations. We make it a point to track
- Slack — Earlier we were on HipChat, but we were not very happy with it. Moving to Slack made things very smooth & easy.