Mobile App Development: The Checklist for a Market-Ready App
The startling difference in the stats of 2007 and 2017 with regard to business mobile apps say a lot about the way in which the tech world has revolutionized business with the help of business mobile applications. The rise in the number of apps and the potential of the market is astounding and is capable of forcing almost everybody reconsider the position of the app in the business world and the incredible opportunities associated here.
A little research found that there are about 9,00,000 plus mobile apps in the Apple store and over 7,50,000 mobile apps for Google Play. The combined number of apps for Blackberry and Windows 8 sum up to a decent 2,35,000 and more. These figures alone serve as evidence when talking about the power of business mobile apps. A mobile app built with a quality driven approach by a team that believes in passing on value can help boosting business opportunities.
Impressed by these facts, you may decide to further contemplate on developing a mobile app for your business. That’s a great idea indeed! It’s a thumbs up from our end; probably the best decision taken. Deciding to invest in a mobile app is easy but developing an app, high on quality and ready to face the market situation is crucial. It takes a lot of brainstorming and hard work at your end. Since an app is an investment, demanding a lot from the financial angle, getting it right the very first time is a necessity. This stands true at the enterprise level.
A detailed app development plan, high on precision is necessary while developing an app strategy. Well, there isn’t a tried and tested checklist here but you can probably create your very own checklist for a market-ready mobile app:
1. An app strategy: Now that you have decided to add an app to your digital kit, the next big step is your app strategy. It is necessary to know where exactly do you stand and where do you wish to see yourself. With an app in your accouterment, you must be able to visualize a success story. This must contain an in-depth analysis of the goals you intend to achieve with the help of your mobile app. To be precise, you must know the purpose of the app in your business, the revenue you intend to earn via the app and have a good idea about the target or niche you want to spot and hit.
2. The app design: Once you have a detailed chart about all the above-mentioned factors, it will now be easier for you to create a strategic foundation for your app. You will now be able to explain your requirements. At this juncture, you can start with the designing of the app. You may hire a team of experts to do this for you or you may employ your current employees at this task. Make sure that you design the app keeping in mind the interface, functionalities and try to create an app that adheres to every possible standard that exhibits the best user experience. Then comes the decision on the color themes that you intend to use, the draft content essentials and the creation of the wireframe with a designer to help you at each stage. The motto must be to pass on value via an impeccable user experience in place. Convenience and the pleasure of using the app must be on your mind continually.
3. The App Development Stage: Here’s where you have to answer some major questions. Do you want to develop your app for a specific platform (Android, iOS, etc) or does a cross-platform structure help you? Also, which type of development tools would you prefer? The decision here is based on which kind of a platform does your target operate on. Opt for a platform that is used largely by your target. Hiring professional app developers is essential here because each of these platforms brings a certain level of challenges along with the choice.
4. The Prototype development and testing: Developing a prototype means to take the app from the idea stage to reality with some functionalities. It makes it easier to view the actual, tangible benefits associated with the app instead of simply going over the app description over and over again. Testing is yet another important task at hand. A user acceptance test that tests if your app works for the users. Basically, asking a few from among your target to check if the app works as per their expectations. A BETA test makes apps available for beta trial and also helps in validating the app.
5. The app monetization strategy: Plan this strategy in advance. Consider any one of the following model: a subscription plan, paid app, in-app purchase and free apps to generate advertisement income. This is in fact, the beginning of your financial returns from the mobile app. Hence, make sure that you have a solid plan ready in this regard.
6. Marketing and selling the app: The sole purpose of developing an app was to create a tech work with that is purposeful and has the ability to produce the desired results. In order to complete the plan successfully, it is essential for the correct targets to know about the app and to be made aware of its importance and benefits. SEO and analytics of the application must be in place to be able to send across detailed results about the app performance. Content marketing is yet another manner by which we may market the app. Keywords are meant to be exploited to your advantage. Advertisements, blogs, vlogs and a lot more maybe employed to create a successful mobile app marketing plan. You may also help the app socialize via social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. A lot of time and focus must be diverted towards this phase of the app.
7. Maintenance: Now that your app is developed, introduced and installed by many, does it call the curtains to your responsibility? Definitely not! Once the application is live, it is important to keep the app updated. Make sure that you make use of the user’s feedback while announcing the update. Be it the speed, functionality or almost anything, appropriate communication with the target audience is essential to the app post its launch.
All app stories are different and you’re app too is one novel one. Create your very own checklist to perfect your business mobile app story!
Every business mobile app is the brainchild of .somebody’s vision and creating it in the best possible way is an art that needs years of practice and expertise. At Signity Solutions, we have mastered the art with about 300 plus successful app stories to our credit. Have an app story to share? Or an idea that needs further contemplation? Or simply want some more facts to convince the idea to go for an app? Simply drop us a line at email@example.com. We know what exactly are you in search of.