Petlo — A Pet Adoption App
By — Team Consilio
In today’s mundane world, people lose out on time for themselves, let alone their pets. This leads to the poor animals being abandoned, scheduled for adoptions (which will most likely never happen) in shelter homes, or worse yet, left to fend for themselves on the streets.
At the same time, it is also a fact that more and more people are getting sensitized towards the ideas of keeping pets, especially with the advent of the millennials, for the number of pomerians in a common Delhi locality have increased monumentally, and we all are witness to it.
How do we connect these poor animals and loving adopters?
A phone call to your nearest NGO/vet?
Visiting shelter homes in person and choose only one little bunny amongst a hundred cute rabbits?
Could work, but quite impossible.
Or how about an app?
An app which connects you to earnest adopters closeby, who have the resources to give your pet a second home, be it temporary or permanent.
An app which connects pets with the love and care they not want, but deserve.
An app which is in itself a mini-world of anything your pet might need or desire.
Thus, came forward ‘Petlo’.
Our Survey results can be found here:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5G6d0pu8YheTHZ5akk1ejdTeFU/view?usp=sharing
Affinity Diagram here :-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5G6d0pu8YheUXJ6NlZ1Rm1xdjQ/view?usp=sharing
Low-Fidelity Designs here :-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5G6d0pu8YheTFVJWGFXVDliWlk/view?usp=sharing
Our team of five split into 2 UI designers, 1 UX developer, 1 graphic designer, and 1 CEO set forward on this journey to get that pet home via an aesthetically pleasing application, which is loved by everyone who uses it.
After conducting a survey regarding the different aspects of pet adoption, we classified our information using an Affinity Diagram, so as to organize our information and fully infer its implications which would help us with our design process for the app.
Our target audience boasts a confluence of pet adopters, owners, shelter homes, and even closeby pet shops, vets and pet events.
- Shelter Homes — To provide personalized homes for the masses of pets out there, out from shelter homes, where they are neglected and ignored.
- Pet Owners — To provide homes, temporary or permanent, for already domesticated pets as well.
3. Adopters — The messiahs. The ones who are willing to help classify all animals out there as ‘pets’.
Further along this route, upon further research and brain-storming, we found other targets as well for whom this app might prove useful, and in retrospect, for us as well.
4. Pet Supply Shops & Vets — Our app also features pet supply shops and vets closeby to the user, helping both the user to cope with its pet’s needs and at the same time increase business for the afore-mentioned outlets.
5. Pet Events — Our ‘PetFeed’ also features all pet events happening nearby the user, so that the user can interact with other similiar pet owners, and also boost the reach for these events as well amongst the pet public.
- Vet Services
- Pet Shops (Online Ordering)
- Pet Events Closeby
Our Logo & Name
Petlo! Our very own pet, not bounded by exact features of an existing animal, to signify the variety of pets our app helps & supports.
The name came after severe brainstorming sessions which involved various google searches ranging from ‘Cute Japanese Names for pets’ to ‘House in Sanskrit’.
All our efforts *cough* led to Petlo, a simple and cute name, which literally means ‘Pet-Lo’ i.e. to get pets.
21 hours, 15 coffees, 5 restroom breaks, and one incredible resistance towards sleeping, brought forward ‘Petlo’, made with heart, and hardwork (trust us on this one)