Few tips for beginners to blogging
So, I am assuming that you are someone:
- Who has just started blogging?
- Don’t know how to market it.
- Confused what content to use?
- What keywords to use?
If, yes then these tricks will surely help you:-
Too often the headline is the most neglected part of writing an article. People just gloss over it without taking much time to consider it. The reading ratio is more if the headline is catchy.
Tricks to a good headline
- Use interesting adjectives.
- Use what, when, how and why these are trigger words.
Here’s a simple headline-writing formula:
Number or Trigger word + Adjective + Keyword + Promise
Example: Take the subject “bathing elephants.” You could write an article entitled, “How to Bath an Elephant” or “Why I Love Bathing Elephants.”
For more insights on a good headline: 74 Attention-Grabbing Blog Titles that actually work
While writing blog make sure your grammar is correct. Before publishing it, go through it 3 to 4 times to find out if something needs to be corrected.
You can use certain tools to check grammar and spellings like : Reverso given below
He was quite amusing when he heard what had happened.
Correct- He was quite amused when he heard what had happened.
2. Turn left by the crossroads when you reach it.
Correct- Turn left from the crossroads when you reach it.
Blog post frequency
- If you’re going to post every day:
–Keep your posts short and to the point.
–Plan ahead, so you don’t end up publishing sub-standard content when you’re in a rush.
–Vary your post types: try video posts, or image-heavy ones, for instance.
- If you’re only going to post twice a week:
–Look at which content on your blog is most popular, so you can make every single post a successful one.
–Experiment with longer posts, perhaps 1,000+ words.
–Focus on evergreen content, so that each post will stay relevant for years.
- Post on Mondays/ Thursdays for best response
To maximize the traffic that comes to your blog via search engines, focus on optimizing each of your blog posts for just one or two keyword phrases.
- Optimize Spend: Distribute more budget to successful keywords and eliminate wasteful spending on those that aren’t producing results.
- Eye Trends: Knowledge of keyword search frequency provides insight into market behaviour which you can apply to multiple aspects of your business
- Find New Markets: Use keyword analysis to expand your long tail efforts and discover more specific keyword queries and corresponding warm leads.
You can find keywords here :- Wordstream
Remember your Content is your king — It’s the medium through which you communicate with your customers.
Before writing a blog research about the topic, do user research. Try and build various personas. Always have a deep understanding of who are the consumers of your blog, what will they learn from it, etc.
Use images, videos, photos, memes and examples to make your content interesting so that the reading ratio is high.
Some of our upcoming events: