5 Press Releases
- FDA news http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fda-takes-important-step-to-increase-the-development-of-and-access-to-abuse-deterrent-opioids-300241054.html. The FDA today said the are making the restrictions on opiod medications tighter. They are trying to get people of off of them. They will dive deeper into the restrictions later. As they are still working out the kinks
- Marine from Southern California killed in Iraq. https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/marine-from-southern-california-killed-in-iraq/2016/03/20/22008252-eed3-11e5-a2a3-d4e9697917d1_story.html. Officials say Louis Cardin was killed by rocket fire in northern Iraq. Enemy fire hit him and helped him sustain wounds, and he died late that day. The attack occurred outside a base.
- North Carolina overturns LGBT laws. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/03/23/north-carolina-passes-bill-blocking-lgbt-protections/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_nclgbt-1040pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory. The state of North Carolina overturned laws protecting the LGBT community in public. It also requires students to use bathrooms according to their sex. The changes were made during a special session within the state.
- Western Leaders call out China.https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/is-china-heading-in-the-wrong-direction-for-once-the-west-calls-beijing-out/2016/03/22/c4cad76e-eacb-11e5-a9ce-681055c7a05f_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_chinamessage-830pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory. Western leaders are deeply concerned about the direction in which China is going. They are worried about the direction that their current president, Xi Jinping, is taking them. Statements have been made to the country of China through private and public statements.
- State of Flint Water Crisis put on state officials https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/scathing-independent-report-blames-state-officials-for-flint-water-crisis/2016/03/23/82692d52-f12f-11e5-a61f-e9c95c06edca_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_flint-745pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory. The governor of Michigan is putting the blame of the water crisis in Michigan squarely on the government officials in Michigan. In a move he called,” a story of government failure, he stated that the failure leads to the government, in terms of a lack of responsiveness, responsibility and leadership. The task force apparently released failures in the governments ability to simply enforce rules too.