Nutella and Peanut Butter Cake
If you — just like us — belong to a peanut butter and Nutella fan tribe, this cake will take you to heaven: it includes both ingredients that combined together create an unforgettable experience. Obviously this is not the healthiest cake in the World, but I do believe that if you have it from time to time it will do no harm to your waistline nor to your overall healthy diet. But I bet it will bring a smile to your face!
It is a speedily made cake: your oven will probably need more time to heat up than you will need to prepare it. It means that — in case of unexpected guests — you could have it ready in slightly more than half an hour. And you don’t have to worry about ingredients, probably — just like us — you always have them in your cupboard ;-)
INGREDIENTS (for 16 pieces):
6 tbsp Nutella (or other chocolate spread),
90g Demerara sugar,
80g all purpose flour,
0.75 tsp baking powder,
3 tsp cocoa powder,
1 -2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter,
sunflower oil for greasing.
- Preheat a fan oven to 160 Celsius degrees.
- Grease with oil and line with baking paper a 15cm x 23cm rectangle (or 20cm square) tin. This video shows a great way how to line a tin with baking paper so that it is very easy later to take the cake out.
- Put all the ingredients except for the peanut butter to a food processor and whizz them until combined and smooth; transfer to the baking tin.
- Drop small portions of the peanut butter into the cake, trying to push it to the batter; smooth the top.
- Bake in the hot oven for 25 minutes.
Originally published at www.tastesofhealth.eu on March 20, 2015.