Daily SG: 15 Aug 2016
Credit: My sketchbook
Regardless of Race, Language, or Religion
– My Singapore News: How the main media play rogue media?
Singapore Sport Scene
– The Independent Singapore: Blogger gives Schooling detractors the ultimate smackdown
— Alvinology: How NOT TO hijack Joseph Schooling’s success
— Mothership.sg: DPM Tharman Shanmugaratnam gives advice on how to create more Joseph Schoolings
— Mothership.sg: Thanks to this lady’s first-class generosity, May Schooling got to sit with Jo on their flight home
— The Middle Ground: Schooling’s Gold win: who gets to take credit?
— Loh and Behold: I Need Schooling on Feelings
— Musings From the Lion City: Welcome Home!!!
— Tan Kin Lian: Quest for Olympic Medals
— S M Ong: Ode to 5039: Why I wasn’t as fast as Joseph Schooling to S’pore Pools
— Growing your tree of prosperity: What does an Olympic gold medal mean for the Singapore Dream ?
— Transitioning.org: Lesson from Joseph Schooling’s olympic victory — invest in true-blue local talent
— Revelation is Real 2.0: Singapore’s Schooling
Mind Our Own Business
– Din Merican: Mr. Trump is mainstreaming HATE
– The Middle Ground: What is sodium nitrite, and how much goes into your bak kwa?
A Vote For Change
– Life of Singaporeans: Current government is less frank and upfront with government
— Five Stars and a Moon: What is this new Administration of Justice Bill and should you be angry?
— The Online Citizen: More laws and less constitutional rights for public to make life easier for civil services
— Thoughts of Real Singaporeans: Dr Lee Wei Ling slams the Contempt Bill; makes problematic claim about K Shanmugam and then apologises for getting it all wrong
– A Singaporean in Australia: The Lesson of a Stormy Day
— Expat Bostonians: Moving (within Singapore)
— The Rationality of Faith: The Frivolity of Sports and the Concept of Sportsmanship
— Top of the Word: Olympics Must Go Beyond Populism and Stereotype
Bread and Butter
– Singsaver.com.sg: 5 Financial Mistakes Singaporeans Typically Regret in Their 30s
Singapore Food Paradise
– ladyironchef: J65–6 Different Themed Buffets Including Lobsters, Crabs, Beef And Seafood
— Miss Tam Chiak: 6 Places for Awesome Cheng Tng to Beat the Heat in Singapore
– Mothership.sg: PSA: Pokémon Go players in Singapore, please don’t ever take over this gym
— AspirantSG: Ultimate Pokemon Go Hunting Guide For Pokemon Trainers
The Travel Bug
– theweddingvow: Top 10 Boutique Hotels in Maldives
– Singsaver.com.sg: Is a Luxury Watch a Good Investment for Singaporeans?
— Dollars and Sense: Should You Get A CFA Or An MBA In Singapore?
— Thoughts of a Cynical Investor: Search for yield is getting exotic
Browse through our dailies to read what Singaporean bloggers are saying.
Originally published at singaporedaily.net on August 15, 2016.