Thing Poor People do that Rich People don’t:
- They watch a lot of TV (Netflix): Watching TV is nothing but escapism; time is the most precious asset in your life, use it wisely.
- They eat fast food: As the saying goes, you are what you eat. Crappy food will make you think and perform crappy in the real world.
- They buy clothes on sale: The only thing you should buy on sale is stocks.
- They wake up late in their early years: There must be a reason why Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Elon Musk, and countless others wake up before sunrise, right?
- They are into sports: Unless you are professional athlete or an owner of a sports franchise, don’t watch sports. You have no impact on the outcome of the game, it is nothing but avoiding your current reality.
- They don’t shower as often: Google it, there are countless benefits; hack, take it a step further and take cold showers.
- They blame others for their misfortune: Poor people have an “external locus of control.” Instead of being in charge of their lives, they try to wing things without a plan.
- They have no money saved: Poor people are never prepared for rainy days — remembers Murphy's law? Contrary to that, when an opportunity arises, rich people have the savings to capitalize on that opportunity, which poor can’t — a big reason why rich are getting richer and poor staying stagnant.
- They take out loan/credit for useless things: Here’s the secret rich people use, if the loan is not for something that will generate you more money in return, don’t take it.
- They have more kids, earlier in life: Kids are expensive, postpone ’em till your late twenties to early thirties.
- They do not do regular checks with their doctor: regular checkups help you find out about deadly conditions early, much easier and less expensive to treat and increase your life expectancy.
- They spend money before they get it: Earn it, before you spend it.
- They surround themselves with other poor people: You are the sum of the five people you spend most of your time with.
- They never follow through on their ideas or potential: Poor people only dream but never have the guts to make them a reality.
- They believe that other will help them succeed: This world doesn’t owe you anything. We all want to be successful and rich, but the reality is that this world only rewards the best of the best. So, the only way to get there is to work hard and enjoy the process.
Bonus: Poor people are a lot more religious than rich people: imagine starting my list with this point, haha. Statistically speaking, poor folks are a lot more religious than poor people — I said religious, not spiritual.
Liked this article? Please hit that ❤ below to ensure others see it and benefit from its advice too.
Source: Alux.com, Huffington Post