What’s it like to wake up in a brain like yours?
It’s a juggle between allowing myself to feel the all-encompassing urgency of my ambitions and not taking life too seriously.
“Nothing since the Big Bang is original”
The urge to make something, once awakened, cannot be shut off.
“How we spend our days is how we spend our lives” — Anne Dillard
A really nice shade of yellow. Make Your Own Sunshine.
Outsourcing today’s ideas —
- Create a design competition — we NEED more creativity on our campuses and in our daily lives. I have only recently discovered the importance of creativity and daydreaming and am working on allowing myself to explore these beautiful processes.
- Create a daydreaming room — because “we mind wander, by choice or accident, becuase it produces tangible reward when measured against goals and aspirations that are personally meaningful.” — Brainpickings
- Re-populate with passion. Adam and Eve style pairing in which you work on the same project and guide its conception.
Tomorrow’s wishlist — ( because today I have everything I want and need)
- Vinyl Record player — to ritualize the moment that music was performed in its essential form
- Fatboy beanbag — to be used as a vehicle for active rest while engaging in meaningful dialogue
- Pen and paper set — to asthetically encourage the beginning and end of each day
Encouraged Exploration —
- Gaia Hypothesis — Living matter on earth collectively defines and regulates the material conditions necessary for the continuance of life (wiki)
- Biosphere 2 — How a subtle change can throw things back into action. Circa 1991 but the remnants still live on today.
“Every once in a while, often when we least expect it, we encounter someone more courageous, someone who chose to strive for that which (to us) seemed unrealistically unattainable, even elusive. And we marvel. We swoon. We gape. Often, we are in awe. I think we look at these people as lucky, when in fact, luck has nothing to do with it. It is really ALL about the strength of their IMAGINATION; it is about how they constructed the possibilities for their LIFE. In short, unlike me, they didn’t determine what was impossible before it was even possible” — via Brainpickings
Subtle aha-moments today
- M. Gladwell’s appearance on T. Ferriss Show — the ability and amo to ask good questions and good follow up questions. All you need is curiosity and interest.
- The kitchen table — it is here that we experience relationship with food, with family. A ritual in itself. A place of nourishment. Can also be multi-purpose- i.e. I do homework and draft emails here. A creation place. A gathering space. What else can it be? Why is this significant?
- “Creativity is a mind set, a way of seeing the world”
- Facebook connects widely, not necessarily deeply