Skull & Roses will be taking place in Ventura, CA at the Ventura County Fairgrounds April 2–5th, 2020. The S&R Team is looking for a group of dedicated volunteers for this years event. Please review the information below in full prior to completing a Volunteer Application.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Available one prep day (Tuesday or Wednesday) and two of four event days (Thursday through Sunday)
- Agree to a Criminal History Background Check
- Submit an Application form by January 15th, 2020
- Volunteer at least 20 hours.
How To Become A Volunteer:
- Submit an application using the online form below. You will receive a confirmation email once your form has been successfully submitted. Please remember, space is incredibly limited and we ask for your patience as we review hundreds of applications for S&R 2020.
- A member of our production team will reach out to you to schedule an interview if your application is a fit with our festivals needs. As you can imagine, these positions fill quickly — if you are contacted, please be responsive.
- If you are accepted you will be sent a position detail along with a schedule. Please double (and triple) check your own schedule to ensure there are no conflicts. Remember, we’re counting on you!
- Attend Volunteer Orientation on one of three prep days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.) Orientation will likely take place at the Ventura Beach Crowne Plaza located minutes away from the fairgrounds.
Terms of Volunteering:
- Check in at the Volunteer Tent before reporting to your shift and check-out at the tent after you have completed your shift. A member of the event production team will be responsible for checking you in and checking you out.
- We will provide you with an S&R Staff/Volunteer shirt. This must be worn during your ON shifts and ONLY during your ON shifts.
- Remain on-duty until the end of your shift. Check-out with your supervisor before leaving your post.
- Use of alcohol or controlled substances before or while on duty is NOT allowed. Any volunteer suspected of using or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on duty will be removed from the Volunteer program and the festival.
- Children, friends, family members, and/or pets may NOT accompany you on your volunteer shift.
- We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for harassment. It is not permissible to harass others on the basis of their gender, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics.
- Volunteers must comply with al security related-instructions.
Things You Need To Know:
- Nearly all of our volunteer positions are outdoors and require navigating the fairgrounds. Even indoor positions require volunteers to navigate from the gate to the Volunteer Tent, to the locations of various assignments spread across the event space and/or at one of our lodging locations. Dress comfortably and appropriately. Comfortable clothes, shoes (closed toed), sunscreen, hats, and rain gear are encouraged. Provocative, revealing, or offensive attire while on duty is not appropriate.
- Food is not provided to volunteers so bring snacks or expect to purchase food. There will be water at the Volunteer Tent and we strongly encourage all volunteers to bring an eco-friendly water bottle that can be refilled.
- Volunteers are subject to ALL of the festivals Terms and Conditions. Please review these in full at SkullandRoses.com.
- Please assume that all volunteer positions are the following:
- Working outside in the great outdoors.
- Physically Demanding
- Require Computer/Phone Skills
- Public Interaction
- Potentially Messy/Cleaning Work Involved
Volunteer Positions We’re Hiring:
- Off-site Lodging: Work in one of our 3 hospitality partners venues assisting Festival Guests with check-in and check-out. Be available to assist with any issues that may arise.
- Onsite Lodging: Coordinating Onsite Lodging Load-In and Load Out
- Vending Coordinator: Coordinating with our onsite vendors.
- Sponsorship Coordinator: Working with our Sponsors to assist with load-in and load-out.
- Decor & Signage Assistant (Must Be Available for Setup Days (Monday-Wednesday) and Breakdown Day (Sunday Evening and Monday Morning)
- Concessions Sales Assistant — Working the POS at a Food Concession
- VIP Experience Attendant — Keeping all of our GA Plus Locations Squeaky Clean at All Times
- Ticketing and Check-In — Scanning Guests into (and out of) the festival fairgrounds and getting them through various security checkpoints prior to entry.
- Lost & Found Tent and/or Collection — Work the L&F Tent and Log Lost and Found Items
- General Store — Working the POS and/or Restocking at The General Store
- Runners — Volunteers who will work closely with an event producer to assist them throughout the build and show days.
- Green Room Attendants — Assist in cleaning and restocking the green rooms of our artists and special guests.
- Shuttle Assistant — Assist in monitoring and executing our shuttle service.
Complete the Volunteer application for Skull & Roses 2020 by Clicking Here.
Volunteer Application: https://forms.gle/f5fsC7sw7bCsSC3j9