Module 5: Theories!
How has your opinion about the /SAMR model changed? As a teacher would you still use it to underpin your teaching activities? Why/why not?
Jonas Lineroth opinion on the SAMR model is that is not beneficial for learners due to the similarities to socio-cultural theories, however despite his suspicions about who is behind this model, I believe it provides a guideline for teachers, and guidelines are a very important tool in education, to ensure standardised validity.
Compare and contrast Bloom’s Taxonomy with a revised taxonomy of your choice
Marzano’s model of teaching effectiveness includes:
- Good teachers set goals.
- Effective teachers provide feedback.
- Teachers should help students interact with new knowledge.
- Good teachers should provide students with simulations and low-stakes competition.
- Effective teachers should establish and maintain classroom rules.
- Teachers should maintain relationships with students.
- Good teachers should communicate high expectations.
Whereas bloom’s Taxonomy is divided into three components, the self, metacognitive and cognitive system. I believe the Marzano model includes a lot more factors to cater for more needs.
Which learning theory did you identify with most? Why are they important for teachers?
I believe the Marzano theory best works with my particular teaching as I have a strong belief in catering for many needs and Marzano includes more differentiation.