How to build the ultimate quinoa kale bowl
“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” –Doug Larson
Amirite? Doug is one smart fella.
Sometimes eating superfoods just isn’t very … fun. Simply by dressing them up with some fancy bacon and avocado can make a world of difference. They can pretty much make anything taste good.
This recipe is going to save you, time and time again. Who doesn’t love quick dinner ideas? This easy, filling recipe takes just 15 minutes and will be a new favorite go-to meal. Promise.
- 1 cup of Good Grains organic quinoa kale from Costco
- 1 Roma tomato
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1/2 an avocado (or the whole darn thing)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar (amounts depending on how much dressing you want)
- Squeeze of lemon (optional)
- Microwave the quinoa kale mix for about three minutes (or if you’re like me and don’t have a microwave, just put it in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes)
- Add diced Roma tomato
- Add bacon (broken up)
- Add diced avocado
- Season with salt and pepper
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Add a squeeze of lemon (optional)
So, there you have it. Less than 15 minutes. Dinner on the table. What more can you ask for?
Want to try the amazing, high quality olive oil that I use? Check out Kasandrinos International, a family-owned and operated business and save 10% on your entire order when you use code “slduke” at checkout on Kasandrinos.com.