Home to Nova Scotia
- Spring cometh, but I resist
- Fallen still in winter’s grip
- Cocooned in a heavy black cloak
- Undress me down to my naked skin
- To feel weak sun upon my limbs
- Birdsong will awaken me and
- Shake off the recent dreary past
- Turning imagined fears into dreams
- Tiny green buds sprout from myself
- Open and unfurling , I stretch my spine
- Time to walk down the old country road
- That leads to the sea , the surf on the shore
- The tiny shack in the woods , it waits for me. . . .
- ( photos Liverpool, Nova Scotia ) ( house for sale $ 44,000 )
- February 19, 2016.
Originally published at cowbird.com.