6 Reasons Why Standup Paddleboarders Would Love Handplaning
If you like one, chances are you’ll like the other.
Standup paddleboarding is taking over. From the ocean to rivers to lakes and even ponds, I doubt you’ll find a waterway that doesn’t have some serious SUP action taking place. And many paddleboarders have a similar mindset that transfers over to handplaning.
1. You’re an adventurous waterman or woman. Being landlocked results in unhappiness, unease, and bouts of spontaneous wanderlust. For you, extreme euphoria is as simple as just adding water.
2. You have limited time to learn something completely new. Handplanes are so simple to master, and age and skill are nearly irrelevant. You will have the time of your life, even on your first time out.
3. You’re all about the total bodywork, and Crossfit just isn’t your style. Handplanes deliver a mix of cardio, strengthening training, and an excellent combination of upper and lower body muscle toning. Be warned, though, handboarding may result in serious shredding.
4. You’re money conscious. Unlike an expensive hobby like golf, handboarding is easy on the pocketbook, and requires no continuous monetary investment.
5. You’ve had enough loading, packing, and carrying of your standup paddleboard. It’s time to travel-light. Weighing in at a mere 650grams a Slyde Handboard is small enough for even a cat to carry (although we don’t advise doing so).
6. You recognize that experiencing the water from a different perspective only enhances your stoke. New water adventures breed a great capacity to smile bigger and embrace life and all it’s epicness. Are you willing to miss out on a barrel-side view?
Originally published at www.theinertia.com.