Camp Shred Recap: The World’s Largest Surf Demo & Slyde Handboards
April 04, 2017
Slyde Handboards made their premier appearance at Camp Shred in Cardiff By The Sea, California.
Founded in 2013, Camp Shred is an epic free weekend event, bringing together new and established brands from the surfing community, along with the general public. Providing the perfect opportunity to demo the latest gear and hang loose.
Slyde’s Top 7 Highlights Include:
- Oceanfront Camping: Talk about million dollar views, plus there’s nothing more refreshing than waking up to the smell of the ocean & doing surf checks from your tent.
- True California Vibe: Cardiff by the sea is a quintessential Southern California beach town. Surfing is always top of mind, and the vibe is laid back and chill.
- Demo-ing The Grom Board: For the 1st time the public was able to test Slyde’s the soon to be released Grom board. Until Camp Shred the board, which was previously only available to be ridden by only the internal team and team riders.
- Beer Garden & Live Music: Adding to the festival of fun was the Pizza Port Beer Garden and a variety of local bands rocking out to the beat of the ocean.
- Bonfires: Sitting around a campfire and sharing stories of stoke, making s’mores while being mesmerized by the flame.
- Surfing Community: For Slyde to be a brand amongst legends like Nixon, Channel Islands, Sector 9, Billabong, O’neil, Lost, Rusty was a feather in the hat of 7+ years of following our passion, and a milestone into being accepted with in the industry at large.
- Ambassador Meet & Greets: Nothing is as rewarding than connecting the virtual with the real. Putting real faces to Instagram handles, and sharing stoke in person was awesome.
Thank you everyone who attended both virtually and in person!
Originally published at www.slydehandboards.com.