You can check here the Shirley Chisholm quotes. These quotes are really amazing for daily life and will boost you every day. Shirley Chisholm was an author and a good teacher along with American politician. She was born in Brooklyn, New York on 30th November 1924.
She did her Graduation in 1946 from Brooklyn College and started her career as a teacher. She did a master’s degree also in early childhood education from Columbia University and started a job as a consultant.
Find here the best Shirley Chisholm quotes.
Shirley Chisholm will be useful for anyone, as she was a teacher and a consulted. If we see, both jobs are like, where she had to interact with different people so we can say she had a good knowledge of life. She was also known as the first African-American congresswoman in 1968.
- When morality comes up against profit, it is seldom that profit loses. — Shirley Chisholm
2. The emotional, sexual, and psychological stereotyping of females begins when the doctor says: “It’s a girl. — Shirley Chisholm
3. Defeat should not be the source of discouragement, but a stimulus to keep plotting. — Shirley Chisholm
4. Women must become revolutionary. This cannot be evolution but revolution. — Shirley Chisholm
5. At present, our country needs women’s idealism and determination, perhaps more in politics than anywhere else. — Shirley Chisholm
6. Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth. — Shirley Chisholm
7. If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair. — Shirley Chisholm
8. In the end anti-black, anti-female, and all forms of discrimination are equivalent to the same thing: anti-humanism. — Shirley Chisholm
9. Racism is so universal in this country, so widespread, and deep-seated, that it is invisible because it is so normal. — Shirley Chisholm
10. You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas. — Shirley Chisholm
11. We must reject not only the stereotypes that others hold of us, but also the stereotypes that we hold of ourselves. — Shirley Chisholm
12. Liberty and justice for all” were beautiful words, but the ugly fact was that liberty and justice were only for white males. — Shirley Chisholm
13. I’m looking to no man walking this earth for approval of what I’m doing. — Shirley Chisholm
14. It is not female egotism to say that the future of mankind may very well be ours to determine. It is a fact. — Shirley Chisholm
15. Following along the path of her role models, Shirley knew that if she waited for permission, she’d never receive her turn. — Shirley Chisholm
16. Tremendous amounts of talent are lost to our society just because that talent wears a skirt. — Shirley Chisholm
17. Mother always said that even when I was 3, I used to get the 6- and 7-year-old kids on the block and punch them and say, ‘Listen to me.’ — Shirley Chisholm
18. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. — Shirley Chisholm
19. She didn’t need to be the Democratic Nominee in order to be a catalyst for change. — Shirley Chisholm
20. I have certainly met much more discrimination in terms of being a woman than being black, in the field of politics. — Shirley Chisholm
How did you like Shirley Chisholm quotes, please let us know in below comment section?
Originally published at https://www.smilingchacha.com.