Mechanical Engineering: Gives an opportunity to create something tangible
Mechanical Engineering is the application of the principles and problem-solving techniques of engineering, which requires lot of skills and knowledge. Best mechanical engineering colleges in Kolkata are preparing students to deal with the changing pace.
Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest and broadest the disciplines of B. Tech, which applies the principles of engineering for designing, analyzing, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. Design, production, and operation of machinery are done in this branch of engineering and this field requires lot of understanding of core concepts. The concepts include materials science, thermodynamics, structural analysis mechanics, kinematics and electricity. The people who understand these concepts and technicalities are known as Mechanical Engineers. Mechanical engineers mechanical engineer needs to acquire particular skills and knowledge about core aspects of engineering and know to work along with tools like CAD/CAM design, and product lifecycle management to develop and analyze machines and equipment.
Mechanical engineering science has continually evolved over the years to implement advancements in technology. Also, it deals with other fields of biomedical engineering, specifically with biomechanics, biomechatronics and bionanotechnology. The major skill that a mechanical engineer should have knowledge to analyze and design the products and systems with motion. The subject is awfully broad and there are many advantages of mechanical engineering.
Subjects of Mechanical Engineering:
The fundamental subjects of mechanical engineering include:
- Mechanism and Machine design
- Drafting, computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM)
- Vibration, control theory and control engineering
- Hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Mechatronics, and robotics
- Instrumentation and measurement
- Manufacturing engineering, technology, or processes
- Thermodynamics, heat transfer, energy conversion, and HVAC
- Engineering design and product design
- Basic physical sciences
- Statics and dynamics
- Fuels, combustion, Internal combustion engine
- Fluid mechanics
- Strength of materials and solid mechanics
- Materials Engineering, Composites
Reasons To Study Mechanical Engineering:
- It has good graduate prospects: Degree level engineers have an edge over other graduates in the market. Engineering is the important part of society and mechanical engineering apply fundamental laws of science, math’s and physics to build mechanical equipment. So, mechanical engineering students have good prospectus than compared to others.
- High salary packages: Mechanical engineers have high salary packages and are valued in society. With hard work and dedication, these graduates enjoy great starting salary.
- Multi-skilled people: Mechanical engineers are highly qualified and have knowledge about other domains too like computer applications, electricity, structures, mathematics and physics. Mechanical engineering colleges in Kolkata are famous for providing required skills to the students for their career enhancement.
- Global opportunities: Mechanical engineers are demanded globally in various companies. One can take mechanical engineering courses from various colleges to get the offer to work for an international organization.
- Developing future technologies: This engineering field is the forefront of development for new technologies. There are number of companies, which deal in this field and mechanical engineers are required in healthcare, construction, robotics and various other sectors.