Firefox Browser via GeckoDriver in Selenium 3 (Beta 1)
Selenium 3(Beta 1) got released and Important changes are listed here.
* Minimum java version is now 8+
* The original RC APIs are only available via the leg-rc package.
* To run exported IDE tests, ensure that the leg-rc package is on the classpath.
* Support for Firefox is via Mozilla’s geckodriver. You may download this from Gecko Driver Release
* Support for Safari is provided on macOS (Sierra or later) via Apple’s own safaridriver.
* Support for Edge is provided by MS:
*Official support for IE requires version 9 or above. Earlier versions may work, but are no longer supported as MS has end-of-lifed them.
Other major changes:
* New html-table runner backed by WebDriver.
* Unused command line arguments are now no longer parsed
Download Selenium 3 (Beta 1) jars from Selenium Java Jars Download Page
Firefox via GeckoDriver Example:
In Selenium 2.0 (Webdriver), we used FirefoxDriver as the default driver as
WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();
But in Selenium 3 (Beta 1) it throws an exception saying “lang.IllegalStateException: The path to the driver executable must be set by the webdriver.gecko.driver system property; for more information, see https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver”
In order to work with FirefoxDriver in Selenium 3 Beta version,
- Download GeckoDriver from Gecko Driver Release
- Extract the zip file and give the path of the geckodriver exe in the program.
- You need to use webdriver.gecko.driver for setting the System Property
Tested with Firefox 47.0.1 version and is working fine.
Originally published at testingmindsblog.wordpress.com on August 1, 2016.