Tummy trimmer Diet
Consuming how much is too much puzzles and trouble every mind. You eat till you full and feeling full is one reason that people stop eating. Short-term studies indicate that the volume of food people eat at a meal is what makes them feel full and stop eating, rather than the calorie content of the food. Dietitians and Nutritionist provides sound and scientific information while counselling.
You should follow these diet tips to shed off extra kg of fat from your body.
5 tummy Trimming diet tips :
1. Reading Food Labels is a must.
- All food labels list "Calories" and "Calories from Fat" in a given serving of food. Calories are obtained from three essential nutrients: Fat, carbs & proteins.
- Fat, carbohydrates and protein are measured in grams. Every gram of fat yields about nine calories while carbohydrates and protein only yield four calories per gram. Therefore, foods rich in fat can really drive up calorie counts. In general, high fat foods are those in which the amount of calories from fat exceeds 25-35 percent of the total calories. Due to the high-calorie nature of such foods, it’s important to consume them in moderation.
- A small food packet could be loaded with calories. Check the content thoroughly. Avoid foods having high fructose corn syrup which is mostly used to sweeten soda, commercial baked goods, condiments, etc.
2. Eat Good proteins :
About 25%-30% of the calories in each gram of protein are burned in digestion, compared to only 6%-8% of the calories in carbs.
Wow factor: You save 41 calories every time you substitute 50 grams of protein for an equal amount of carbs.
3. Cut Carbohydrates.
You must have repeatedly read this. It works as well. But research studies also suggest that complex carbs (which is good carbs) helps in tummy reduction.
In a reserach study trial, When scientists fed rats a diet rich in Resistant Starch, it increased the activity of fat-burning enzymes and decreased the activity of fat-storing enzymes. This means that the belly-fat cells were less likely to soak up and store calories as fat.
Again puzzled!! Read what you to eat and what to leave.
What carbs to include - Choose ones with a low Glycaemic index or, GI (It is a measure of how quickly foods break down and send blood sugar up). The slower, the better. Bad high-GI carbs create blood sugar spikes.
Sources: Good carbs include most fruits and vegetables; 100% whole-grain-cereals, breads, crackers, whole-wheat pasta and couscous, plus brown and wild rice; and beans, lentils, and other legumes. On the other hand processed grains, white flour, sugar, aerated drinks are the examples of bad carbs.
4. Role of Fibre.
Their bulk takes up space in your stomach, helping you feel full and eat less.
There are two types of fibre: soluble and insoluble.
slows digestion and helps you feel full for longer. It may also help to prevent or control diabetes because of its effect on blood sugar, and is related to heart health because it can help lower LDL or "lethal" cholesterol.
This adds bulk to your waste, helping to prevent constipation and keep your bowels working well. We need both types of fibre in our diets.
Food Sources :
Broccoli,Apple,Pears,Carrots, Parsnip,Sprouts,Beans, Legumes, Amaranth, Quinoa, Whole Grains, Spinach, Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds.
Salad toping : Studies show that acidic foods such as vinegar and lemon juice work like lighter fluid in your body’s fat incinerator, increasing carb combustion 20%-40%. Researchers believe the acids blunt insulin spikes and slow the transit rate (at which food empties from your stomach).
Eat fat to lose fat — Did not get this ?? Not only the selection of Fat but consumption, also matters a lot. The right kind of fats and oils help quash hunger and humming your body metabolism.Also, not all oils are created equal: Some are downright bad ( trans fats ), while some fats type simply confuse you with their fancy names - what is vergin and extra virgin oil??
To lift the fog from the fat confusion and set you on the path of weight loss— my diet tip for you is :
Check monthly consumption 450-500ml/person/month is enough. Select the highest levels of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats.
Connect your Dietitian to understand it in better way.
Several studies show that just by adding coconut oil to your diet, you can lose fat especially in the abdominal cavity.
Research suggests that there is also some evidence from animal studies that Coconut oil which is rich in MCT (medium chain fats) are stored less efficiently than other fats and they are metabolized differently than the longer chain fats.
6. Work out : parallel to diet
Studies have shown that work out or, exercise significantly increases mental acuity. Working out before your day officially begins allows you to start each day with a fresh perspective. A commitment to a regular workout regimen will increase your fitness level, improve your health and generate a greater sense of mental wellbeing.
Some home remedies, good for fat reduction.
- Green Tea, Dandelion Tea Lemon water Cranberry juice, Use of raw Garlic, Fish Oil, Chia seeds, Ginger-lemon-honey Tea, Lemon-mint-cucumber-ginger lemonade, Cinnamon powder in tea.
- Role of superdrinks and seeds (Refer to previous blogs )
Do you want to know the diet for pre and post workout or, simply the diet according to your workou. Stay tuned for the next blog !