Healthy Snacking Benefits
Healthy snacking improves overall health, fights weight gain, regulates mood, boosts brain power and gives you the energy you need to keep going all day.
Healthy Snacking and Weight Control:
Snacking on junk food can lead to weight gain and other health problems, but healthy snacks can be beneficial.Eating your carbohydrates and protein within 15 to 30 minutes of finishing your exercise session will promote the best results. Snacks that support recovery and provide essential nutrients include yogurt with a banana and peanut butter on toast.
Increase Nutrient Intake
Snacks provide an opportunity to improve the quality of your diet. After you eat a meal or snack, your blood sugar levels rise and then decrease. You can start to feel tired if your blood sugar levels get too low.
Snacks can prevent your blood sugar levels from dropping too much between meals.High-fiber, high-protein snacks, such as carrots with bean dip, are slow to digest so your blood sugar levels do not fluctuate much.
Snacks for Adults
A healthy snack between meals can also decrease your hunger and keep you from overeating at meal time.
There are many snacks to choose from, and certainly not all snacks are healthy or help you manage your weight. Try not to bring unhealthy snacks into the house.
Other factors to think about:
Pick foods that are low in added fat and sugar and high in fiber and water. This means an apple is better than a bag of chips.
- Aim for fruits, vegetables, whole-grain snacks, and low-fat dairy.
- Naturally sweetened is better than foods and drinks that contain added sugar.
- Fresh fruit is a healthier choice than a fruit-flavored drink. Foods and drinks that list sugar or corn syrup as one of the first ingredients are not healthy snack choices.
Some examples of healthy snacks are:
- Apples (dried or cut into wedges), 1 medium or ¼ cup
- Bananas, 1 medium
- Raisins, ¼ cup
- Fruit leather (dried fruit puree) without added sugar
- Carrots (regular carrots cut into strips, or baby carrots ), 1 cup
- Snap peas (the pods are edible), 1.5 cups
- Nuts (but not too many,) 1 oz. (about 23 almonds)
Keep in Mind
- Avoid junk-food snacks like chips, candy, cake, cookies, and ice cream. The best way to keep from eating junk food or other unhealthy snacks is to not have these foods in your house.
- A snack is a portion of food, often smaller than a regular meal, generally eaten between meals. Snacks come in a variety of forms including packaged snack foods and other processed foods, as well as items made from fresh ingredients at home.
A snack is a portion of food, often smaller than a regular meal, generally eaten between snacks come in a variety of forms including packaged snack foods . Snalthy is one of the best healthy snacks online India store.
#healthy snacks online, #kids snacks, #online indian snacks, #dry snacks, #indian foods, #crispy snacks, #yummy foods online, #diabetic snacks, #homemade snacks.