Effective ways to deal with the pains of migraine and headache
An intermittent thumping headache often on a specific side of the head is the main symptom of a migraine. The anguishing pain is often accompanied by nausea, hyperactive sensitivity to light and sound and vomiting. In an advanced stage of a migraine known as Aura, one might witness visual abnormalities. One can achieve a migraine and headache relief in several ways. The sphenopalatine ganglion block treatment, medical remedies, and natural solutions are some ways to treat this neurobiological condition.
Migraines are often described as the neurobiological disorder, caused by the changes in the neurological and vascular properties of the brain. People having genetic disposition are more prone to a migraine due to hypersensitivity to the pain-causing stimuli. There are various headache treatments available to get the migraine and headache relief ranging from the trigger management to sphenopalatine ganglion block treatment. Here are few headache treatments to get a relief from this agonising condition:
• Trigger Management- It has been witnessed that certain stimuli are responsible for boosting up the symptoms of a migraine. So by curbing these catalysts a person can get a migraine and headache relief. Here is how:
1. Controlling Estrogen Levels : Women witness a decline in the estrogen levels before menstruation which contributes to boosting up a migraine and headaches. So by using the low dosage of estrogen contraceptive medicines the migraine pain can be managed.
2. Coffee : Large consumption of caffeine can affect the migraine centres in the cerebrum and worsen the condition. That is why the consumption is advised to be within 200mg for a day.
3. Alcohol : Alcohol often stimulates a headache in the people witnessing migraine. So an individual should avoid alcohol to reduce migraine attacks while suffering from this neurobiological disorder.
• Natural remedies- a migraine and headache relief can be achieved by few natural tricks such as increasing the intake of vitamin B12, acupuncture etc. One can get the headache treatment at home by the following natural techniques listed below:
- Application of ice packs is always helpful in treating the migraine pain. Ice is considered as an anti-inflammatory substance, so it helps in reducing the headache.
- The consumption of supplements like vitamin B12, CoQ10, and butterbur herbs are considered as an effective headache treatment for the migraine patients.
- The relaxation techniques like massage, tai-chi, yoga, acupuncture are very helpful in the treatment of a migraine.
• Sphenopalatine ganglion block treatment- The sphenopalatine ganglion block treatment is one of the oldest headache treatments which are used to manage a migraine. The sphenopalatine ganglion (SPG) is a bunch of nerves located in the face behind the nose roots. Sphenopalatine ganglion block treatment is considered very efficient in the severe headache treatment. It includes injecting anaesthetics directly to the SPG with the help of X-ray by a fine needle. The SPG block treatment declines the release of norepinephrine and reduces the pain by activating the pain-sensitive nerve.
• Medicinal Solutions- The prescription medications like triptans, beta blockers, botox, anti-depressants etc are used in treating migraine. But a proper medical consultation and guidance are always recommended as it may incur adverse effects on the patient’s health when not consumed properly.