The importance of knee protection
Knee problems are very common to both genders and to people from all different backgrounds. Although many knee issues are linked to genetics and ageing, certain professions increase the risk of problems to those very important joints. Craftsmen for example need to protect their knees much more than an office employee would, as everyday pressure on them can lead to long lasting problems that can be easily avoided.
Having the best and most expensive kneepads, however, might not be enough of a protection if their design is not the right one for your body and the type of work you do. Have a look at our article to find out what you should look for when choosing kneepads!
- They need to be durable outside and softer on the inside for reliable comfort, force distribution and cut protection
- They need to be extremely flexible when walking, yet close around the knee when bending down
- They need to be placed at different heights in the kneepad pocket to ensure correct position for maximum protection
- They need to always stay in place preferably with high sides preventing the knee from sliding off the kneepad
- They need to perfectly fit the kneepads’ pockets of the trousers you have bought them for to avoid them sliding off
- They need to be light and soft for optimum working comfort
- They should be flexible when walking, yet they need to close around the knees when you bend down
- They should be able to be placed at different heights in the kneepad pocket to ensure correct position for maximum protection
- They need to always stay in place with high sides preventing the knee from sliding off the kneepad
- The outer shell needs to be extremely hardwearing and cut-resistant with comfortable and durable material on the inside for long-lasting protection
- They need to perfectly close around the knee, ensuring they stay in place when moving about on your knees
- They need to be flexible, comfortable and ensure ventilation
- They need to keep their shape and offer maximum amount of cushioning
- They need to have an extremely hardwearing and cut-resistant outer shell with advanced shock absorbing material on the inside that stiffens up on impact, as your knees will suffer the most from kneeling over and over during the day
- They need to keep their shape during hard work
- They should be flexible when walking, yet close around the knee when bending down
Are you concerned about working on your knees? Save them with Snickers knee protection! When choosing the perfect kneepads and reinforced work trousers make sure you find the best ones for your profession and type of work as it will make a massive difference for the health of your joints.