Arranged marriage is still the norm in India. Now some new facts and figures have emerged about arranged marriages in India after many conducted research and released the findings. Most notable fact is that there seems to be no decrease in arranged marriages with the percentage steady at a whopping 90%. In 2009 a survey was executed by a matchmaking site and the results indicated that part of the reason that arranged marriages are still sustaining is the fact that young Indians actually prefer taking this route. More than half of respondents preferred arranged marriages whereas just 18% favored the love marriage option. Firm proof that arranged matrimony is still firmly entered in the Indian mindset. Although arranged marriages are still prevalent across the globe, nowhere in the world are they quite as prevalent as in India. With many organizations estimating that 55% of all marriages in the world are arranged it seems that the marital situation in India is not that unusual at all. One thing is for sure, arranged marriages will remain an integral part of the Indian culture for a while to come.
India is a land of multiple religions and multiple languages and almost all the religions of India consider wedding to be one of the most serious affairs of life. In India marriage is more a religious ritual than just a social or legal obligation. It is a way to unite two souls. In fact it can be said that Indian weddings are a perfect combination of tradition as well as celebration. The different types of Indian wedding based on the regions are namely the North Indian Wedding, the East Indian Wedding, the South Indian Wedding and the West Indian Wedding.
Arranged Marriage Statistics:
· 55% of the marriages that occur in the world today are arranged marriages.
· The rate of arranged marriages in India is 90%.
· In an arranged marriage, the man is usually 4.5 years older than the woman in the formed relationship.
· 48% of the girls who are involved in an arranged marriage in South Asia are under the age of 18.
· The divorce rate in India is just 1.1%.
· In some countries, the man or woman can refuse a selected spouse.
A typical modern arranged marriage works as follows. For both men and women, the individual’s parents or older family members screen for and find prospective mates for further consideration through their social circle, community, or by advertising on matrimonial websites or newspapers. Choosing a marriage partner through arrangement has at least two major advantages. The first is that people that one respects and trusts.
Specification of a complete profile:
· Mother tongue
· Caste/sect and sub-caste
· Diet: whether users are Vegetarian, Non-Vegetarian, and Occasionally Non-Vegetarian
· Personal values: whether they classify themselves as Traditional, Moderate, or Liberal
· Complexion (Very Fair, Fair, Whitish or Dark), height and build
· In which field the user is currently employed
· Whether the user would prefer to continue to work after marriage
· Their horoscope details (date, time, and place of birth).
Marriage itself is a sacred bond that occurs not only between a bride and a groom but also between their respective families. The bond is not dependant on the type of marriage or even how extravagant the matrimony may be. Neither a love marriage nor an arranged marriage can guarantee success and both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Online matrimonial is still a part of arranged marriage as even with online services, parents continue to perform the role of initiating, searching and filtering potential partners. The use of online matrimonial services in fact seems to make it easier to find someone within the sub-caste, religion or community of your choice. . It is evident that online matrimonial services have introduced new elements into the process of arranging marriage that are made possible by technology. Online matrimonial, electronics dating and matrimonial web sites are changing the rules of how relationships are formed and maintained in communities all over the world. For more information, you can visit our website www.wmmatrimonial.com