Outlook and Exchange Server is developed by Microsoft. Exchange server saves the data in a .edb file (Exchange database) and keeps the copy of that email. When an email account is configured with Exchange server and performs any task (Like sending or receiving any email) then that email passes through the Exchange server by SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) and goes to another profile via IMAP or POP3 mail server. When the user configure MS Outlook email account (2013 or higher version) with MS Exchange server by using IMAP then their mailbox data always saved in OST file format.
The biggest benefit of the OST is if any of Outlook email or any other item deleted, then we can bring back that data file to our desktop from the Exchange server because the Exchange server keeps a replica of our data in a .edb file and from that, we can access our file again. Exchange Server is also called Contacts manager and Calendaring software.
A desktop based email client Outlook has been developed by Microsoft. This is one of the most popular email clients. The outlook is used in large organizations to protect user’s email data. Outlook has many useful features such as sending/receiving an email, contacts, calendar, etc.
Three types of protocols are used in Microsoft Outlook to send and receive emails or files.
1. POP3 (Post Office Protocol — Incoming Mail Server)
2. SMTP (Simple mail transfer protocol — Outgoing Mail Server)
3. IMAP (Internet message access protocol — Incoming Mail Server)
Microsoft Window Outlook Edition: Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, etc.
The Reason behind OST file corruption:
The OST file is an offline storage file for MS Outlook user and sometimes it becomes corrupted due to any reason. Some OST file corruption reasons are given below -
• Suddenly System shut down
• Virus Attack
• A Problem in OST Synchronization
• Software failure
• Hardware issue
How to repair corrupted OST file:
If because of some reason the OST file gets corrupted, we can’t access it again in Outlook or anywhere else. So we need to move that OST file to PST file format because the Outlook has no functionality to use corrupted OST file data directly and the Outlook supports mailbox data only in the form of PST file format. So we need to use a converter tool to access that file again in Outlook. By using the OST converter tool we can repair that corrupted OST file export the offline data file into PST format and then reuse the previous data in any MS Outlook version at any device.
The solution of OST to PST conversion
I recommend use QuickMigrations for OST to PST to Convert OST to PST format very easily. This software has many features to move OST file mailbox–
• The software recovers and repairs highly corrupt OST file.
• It provides 100% OST data recovery.
• It keeps email’s HTML formatting as well.
• The software supports all the editions of Outlook such as 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 98.
• The software supports all Windows operating system versions such as 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, 2003 and all previous editions.
• It exports all outlook contact in the .vcf format along with all details.
• Likewise, it gives us the conversion of our Outlook calendar into the .iCal format.
Follow the steps to convert OST to PST:
• Open the software and Go to ADD file button.
• Browse the OST files you want to export in PST format.
• The OST converter repairs all the corrupted Offline data mailbox files within a second.
• Provide a saving Destination Location from the option to save the PST file after the correct OST to PST conversion.
- Click on Export button to start the process for OST to PST recovery.
• Wait till the process complete and then click OK.
• Now check Outlook OST data into PST format in any Outlook version.
Conclusion: In this article, I described all the reasons responsible for OST corruption and tell about Outlook and Exchange Server. I have discussed the easiest method to convert OST to PST. From this converter tool, the user can recover corrupt outlook offline data file, and migrate it into PST format.