Beet Hummus for the Holidays..
With the holiday season approaching, its not a bad idea to start planning your guest list and the menu.Holidays can also be quite stressful if you’re not used to cooking for a crowd.The key to reducing your stress is to plan things in advance.Write down the menu, prepare the grocery list accordingly, and prep up as much as possible a day in advance.I personally believe that a wide spread of appetizers are the key to a party.They get the guests started and give you the opportunity to serve flavors from around the world in small bites.But you don’t have to go overboard with complicated dishes, instead go with simple yet tantalizing flavors in your dishes.
Dips are great for a crowd and you can play around with so many flavors like this Beet Hummus that tastes amazing and looks absolutely stunning with a vibrant pink color. This dip is a great addition to your party menu, that’s bound to get your guests raving.I first tasted Beet Hummus in a Moroccan restaurant and instantly fell in love with its gorgeous color. The hummus has a slight hint of sweetness from the perfectly roasted beets.The beets are then pureed with some garlic,lemon, garbanzos and olive oil and you can taste the perfect balance of sweet, salty and tangy. Its insanely delicious!
It can be made a day in advance and is best served chilled with any chips of your choice or crudités. It lasts for up to a week in the fridge.My kids loved it for their school snack too!Enjoy.
- Beet-1 medium
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas drained
- Juice of a medium sized lemon
- Garlic cloves-2
- Salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil-1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the beet, wrap it in a foil and bake it for an hour.
- Once cool to touch, chop into small pieces and add into the food processor along with the rest of the ingredients and blend.
- Check the seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Serve with any chips of your choice.
Originally published at www.sonisfood.com