Hollywood in 15 Years
Some thoughts about the future of movies and television. Disclaimer: I once interned at a crowd-funded movie studio.
I think in the next fifteen years:
- Hollywood will be irrelevant or 100% owned by foreign investment
- The most popular movies will be crowd-funded
- People who were born this year (2017) will not go to the movies
- Cable TV will no longer exist
- There will be more native advertising within the video, show or movie itself (For ex. Dr. Pepper sitting in the corner or characters talking about their favorite brand of shoes) in place of ad breaks
- VR will still not really be a thing
What do you think? Thanks for reading my thoughts!