How To Fix the HP Printer Ink System Failure Error
Being an electronic machine, problems with the HP printer are usual, and you might get the ‘Ink System Failure-0x’ error message due to the faulty Printhead, ink cartridge incompatibility with your printer or the printer failed itself to perform the operations. This error message appears either on the computer or the printer control panel. As per the accordance of HP printer support technicians, the ‘Ink System Failure’ error code is accompanied by numerous numbers and letters in an alphanumeric code.
Learn How to Solve the HP Printer Error Code “Ink System Failure-0x”.
Fix 1: Using Original HP Ink Cartridges
If the ink cartridges aren’t compatible with your HP printer, it might encounter an error. So, it’s highly recommended that try to use a legitimate ink or toner cartridges. It’s because there is no guarantee for the quality and working process of non-HP or refilled ink cartridges. If you’re facing problems with the original HP cartridge, follow these steps to fix the problem. You can check the printer cartridges authenticity by following this guidance:
1. Click the ‘HP Sure Supply’ section. If required, choose the region/country.
2. Continue with the on-screen steps to order new cartridges and look for the compatibility of it with your printer.
If installing new, original HP ink cartridge fixed the problem; you have no need to continue troubleshooting process.
Fix 2: Resetting the Printer
In most circumstances, a simple printer reset can get rid of the ‘Ink System Failure’ error message. Here’s how to do:
1. Start your HP printer if it isn’t done yet.
2. Wait until your printer is idle during the process before you continue the task.
3. With your printer powered on, you’re required to unplug the power cord from the back of your printer.
4. Disconnect the electrical cord from the outlet. Wait for 60 seconds.
5. Plug the cord back into the outlet. Connect the power cord again to the back of your printer.
6. Start your printer if it doesn’t turn on automatically. When the lights and the cartridges start flashing and moving, your printer might go through the warm-up phase.
7. Wait until the preparation time completes and your HP printer is idle and silent before continuing.
If the error message still exists, proceed to the next solution.
Fix 3: Inspecting the Ink Levels
Sometimes, this error may be caused by the low or empty ink cartridge. If you see an ‘Ink Alert’ message before the error has encountered, then change the ink cartridge to solve the problems. Go to the HP printer control panel to check for the Estimated Ink Levels.
Fix 4: Cleaning the Ink Cartridge Vents and All Contacts
Ink debris or buildup on the ink cartridge vent and contacts can cause the ink cartridge error. Follow these steps to know how to clean it:
1. Gather a clean, dust-free cloth and dry cotton cloth. Softly clean the copper-colored contact on one of the cartridges.
2. Clean the contact with a dry, dust-free cloth before you go to the next step. Follow the same process for several ink cartridges.
3. Reinsert ink cartridges carefully into the slot, and then press it down and forward until it is placed into position.
4. Ensure every colored dot the cartridge label matches to the dot on the print carriage. Now, close your cartridge access door.
5. See the printer control panel or system to make sure if the error exists. If it continues, follow the next solution.
Fix 5: Cleaning the Printhead
In most cases, a clogged print head can cause several issues and prevent you from using the printer. At such time, you can clean it to restore the printer quality and get your printer back to work. Go to the printer control panel and use the automated tool to clean the printhead properly. If this solution didn’t work, it might be possible that the printhead may be installed incorrectly. So, you should try to reset it again to fix the error.
Fix 6: Replacing the Printhead
Installing a new printhead assembly when your current assembly is faulty is the best to get the smooth work performance with your HP printer. When you replace the printhead, it might be helpful to take the expert’s assistance. You need to do it carefully. Before removing the cartridges, wait until you have a new printhead assembly. Never leave the ink cartridge outside your HP printer longer than 30 minutes. Otherwise, it can damage both your printer and the ink cartridge.
However, if the HP Printer ‘Ink System Failure’ error still continues, instantly call on the HP customer care number and get in touch with professionals to fix all the HP printer related problems without wasting your time.
The error code ‘Ink System Failure’ appears when using the HP printer can encounter due to various reasons, including the faulty Printhead, printer failure, or even the low ink. This error is well appeared on the printer control panel or the system and can be easily fixed by resetting the Printhead, using genuine ink cartridges, and updating the printer driver. You can also get in touch with the HP printer support technicians to get rid of the issues in an efficient manner.