A first writing : The superpowers’ playground
Hey, people of Internet!
New words with an example for the article:
- retreat-v. (Of an army) withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power or after a defeat: EX: French retreated in disarray. 1.1 move back or withdraw.
- stripe-n. A long narrow band or strip, typically of the same width throughout its length, differing in color or texture from the surface on either side of it. EX: a pair of blue shorts with pink stripes.
- flutter-v. (Of a bird or other winged creature) fly unsteadily or hover by flapping the wings quickly and lightly.
- outpost-n. A small military camp or position at some distance from the main force, used especially as a guard against surprise attack.
- billet-n. A place, usually a civilian’s house or other nonmilitary facility, where soldiers are lodged temporarily.
- evacuate-v. Remove (someone) from a place of danger to a safe place. EX: several families were evacuated from their homes.
- fortuitous-adj. Happening by accident or chance rather than design.
- illiteracy-n. The inability to read or write. EX: the ineffective educational system meant that illiteracy was widespread.
Tiny African state of Djibouti which locates at between the Red sea and Indian Ocean has a great ambition to become next Dubai or Singapore since Djibouti does not have natural resources but location (wedged between Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia).
America, France, EU, and China have been brought their troop and outpost due to Djibouti’s fortunate position. (PS: Chinese first overseas base!)
PS: If you feel like to know more, then click on the below link :)