Working Out During The Holidays Just Got Easier…
The holiday season is right around the corner and now more than ever, many of us hone in on our fitness goals and making sure we stay on track before, during and after the festivities. We know that during the holiday’s sometimes we just can’t get to the gym with all that there is to do.
Not to worry though…
Are you ready for the SoulFITSisters Work Out Of The Week?
Strap on your boots (or sneakers in this case) and let’s get started.
Before beginning all exercises be sure to stretch any sore muscles or tightness as needed. Go at the pace you’re comfortable with and give it all you’ve got.
Repeat 3 rounds:
- 10 jump n jacks
2. 10 high knees
3. 10 body weight squats
Hew, now that we have the heart rate up and we’ve loosened up those muscles, let’s dive into today’s work out.
*Remember to drink plenty of water and go at your own pace during this circuit. We want to challenge you as always BUT want you to listen to your body*
AT HOME WORK OUT CIRCUIT:
Repeat 2 times through!
Focus on doing as many reps as possible for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds.
1. Full Body Squats — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
2. Squat Jacks — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
3. High Plank Rows — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
4. Jumping Lunges — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
5. Bicycle Crunches — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
*Take one minute break (Circuit #2 up next)*
6. Froggers — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
7. Alternating Side Lunges — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
8. Plank Hops — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
9. Reverse Lunge w/ a twist — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
10. Reverse Woodchops — 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest
Form Correction Check List For Each Exercise:
1. Full body squats: Stand with your feet hip-width apart with a dumbbell in each hand (if you have weights at home or in the gym). Have your palms facing in and elbows bent so hands are at your shoulders. (If you are doing this movement without weights still keep with the same placement of your hands as if you were holding weights).
Hinge your hips back and lower into a squat. Go as low as you can.
Then push through your heels to stand and press dumbbells (hands) overhead in one movement. Return to squat and repeat.
2. Squat Jacks: Start standing with your feet together. Jump your feet out and bend your knees to lower into a squat. Push off and jump back to the starting position.
3. High Plank Rows: Start in high plank with a weights in each hand (if you have weights at home or in the gym). Your hips should be lifted and your body in one straight line. Row your right arm up, keeping it close to your body. Your elbow should go past your back as you row towards your chest. Bring your right arm back to the starting position and repeat with your left arm.
4. Jumping Lunges: Start standing with your feet hip-width apart. Bend your knees then jump up into the air bringing your right leg forward, and left leg goes back so that you land in a lunge position.
As soon as you land with soft knees, jump back up into the air and switch legs mid air to land with the opposite leg forward.
Be sure to keep your chest up and core tight.
5. Bicycle Crunches: Lie on back, hands behind head. Bring knees toward chest. Straighten right leg as you bring right elbow to left knee. Switch sides and repeat Continue for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds.
TAKE ONE MINUTE BREAK (Circuit number 2 up next)
6. Froggers — Stand with your legs wider than hip-width apart, knees bent, and upper body pitched slightly forward. This is your starting position. Place your hands on the ground in front of you, then jump your straight legs back, so that you’re in high plank.Jump your feet back and bring your hands toward your chest to return to the starting position.
7. Alternating Side Lunges — Start with your feet directly under your hips. If you want to make this more challenging, hold a dumbbell in each hand and your arms by your sides. Step your right foot wide to the side. Push your butt back and bend your right knee to lower into a lunge. Keep your left leg straight, your chest lifted and your weight in your right heel. Push off your right foot to return to standing, then lunge to the opposite side to complete one rep.
8. Plank Hop — Begin in high plank with the feet together. Tighten abs, and jump your feet to the right, bringing your knees toward your right elbow. Jump your feet back to plank and repeat on the opposite side.
9. Reverse Lunge w/ a twist — Start standing with feet hip-width apart.Take a big step back with left foot and bend knees to lower into lunge while twisting torso over right (front) leg. Return to standing, then repeat with the opposite leg.
10. Reverse Woodchops — Stand with feet wider than hip-width apart, one dumbbell in both hands (if applicable). Lower weight toward left foot and bend your knees. Stand as you rotate torso right and lift your right heel, and bringing the weight across your body diagonally. Reverse the motion to return to the starting position.
Do as many reps as possible for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds. Repeat on the other side during the next set.
Make sure to tag us in a sweaty selfie #SoulFITSistersAtHomeCircuit @soulfitsisters because if it’s not on Instagram, it never happened…right??
Remember you are a bad ass. Great work today!