React State Management Libraries for 2022
Time is of the essence in app development. When there is cut-throat competition in the digital space, you cannot afford delays in developing, deploying, and operating your React app. Even one minute of wait can cause a massive loss.
Remember, the internet will never wait for you. It is continuously advancing and evolving. Therefore, it is your responsibility to choose cutting-edge solutions and technologies to outshine competitors.
According to BuiltWith, nearly 1.2 million websites on the internet are using React. It is a preferable option for both developers and enterprises. React comes with incredible features and functionalities. But more than this, what caught React developers are powerful State Management libraries. What is State Management? Why do you need it?
- Developed in 2022, Recoil has gained a lot of traction from React developers in two years. The reasons the community accepted this library in less time are many, such as its atomic, Facebook team support, and React-influenced approach. Did we mention Recoil is still in its experimental phase? But it has countless features and is stable. The following are some excellent features of Recoil.
- It comes with a global state that enables React app components to share states efficiently without boilerplate code.
- Recoil has a data graph that flows directly into React components.
- It provides better performance.
- Unlike Recoil, Redux is a well-established State Management library. Of course, it has faced a lot of fuss. But there is no library as efficient as Redux. It meets the modern solutions and offers exceptional features.
- Redux enables developers to change the state with only an action. However, it is not devoid of drawbacks. One of the most prominent limitations is regarding boilerplate code. Let us focus on why Redux makes an outstanding State Management library in 2022.
- Besides being predictable, the state is immutable.
- The structure of any Redux application is easy to understand. Therefore, developers can maintain it effortlessly.
- It makes debugging more convenient than ever.
- Redux apps offer ease of testing.
- Jotai is another atomic-based State Management library for React apps that you must consider. While it has a similar approach to Recoil, it is different in various ways. Firstly, it is comparatively smaller in size. Additionally, it offers better TypeScript support, minimalistic API, broader documentation, and more. The following are the unique features of Jotai.
- It has a higher-order function that allows developers to access React applications anywhere.
- It is easy to use and eliminates chances of mistakes.
- Thanks to its garbage collection feature, your developer can optimize memory usage. It boosts performance.
- If you are looking for a lighter and faster alternative to Redux, Rematch is your answer. Also, it is easy to use than Redux and offers more features. It runs on the Redux core. It eliminates the boilerplate, simplifies the process, and allows simple side-effects handling. Plus, Rematch provides these features.
- It does not need configuration.
- It has built-in support for side effects.
- It supports hot-reloading.
- Rematch reduces boilerplate.
- With a size under 1 kB, Zustand is the smallest available React State Management library. Although small in size, it helps you meet your app needs and goals. All thanks to its simple and minimalist APIs.
- Zustand has concepts like selectors or actions. But it works using hooks. The best thing about this open-source State Management library is it can address common issues, such as transient state updates. Let us find out what makes Zustand different from other libraries.
- It uses an opinionated approach, which requires less boilerplate code.
- It adds subscriber functions without re-rendering.
- It uses Memoizing selectors and useCallbackAPI function of React for optimizing performance.
These are the top React State Management libraries every developer must know in 2022. But to speed up your project, choosing the right option is vital. There are numerous State Management libraries. Thus, an expert in the field can help you decide the best for you.
Plus, the trends in libraries keep changing now and then. Therefore, hire a ReactJs developer familiar with these libraries while staying abreast with the latest updates and improvements.
If you are searching for a reliable on-site or freelance React Developer. We house a team of experts with relevant experience and skills.
Originally published at https://softprodigy.com on April 25, 2022.