Thai basil chicken nuts
This is one of my go to Thai recipes. It is based on Thai Basil Chicken but it works just as well with nuts. Chicken and nuts works well too. Therefor I like to think of this as Thai basil chicken nuts.
- 1/3 cup of oyster sauce
- 2–3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 4–5 crushed garlic
- 4–5 Thai chilies
- 2–3 tablespoons of palm sugar
- 1 lime juice and zest
- Note balance this all as required as potency of ingredients will vary
- 1 lbs of chicken thighs chopped(optional)
- 1–2 cup of cashews, 1 cup of pecans
- 1–2 red peppers julienne
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 4 carrots julienne
- 1 lbs of green beens trimmed and chopped
- As much fresh basil as you can get
- Extra lime
- Chile sauce
- If using chicken chicken brown it thoroughly (it adds more flavor than it loses texture since its chopped fine)
- Stir fry everything for 1–2 minutes, add sauce.
- Remove from heat and let cool a bit then add basil.
- Serve with lime, chili sauce and steamed rice beside it.