Boy… I’m not really sure where to start with this one. I might do this particular blog a little differently; use it as sort a brain dump or “thinking out loud” session to give those of you that read this a way to crawl through my headspace with me! It may work, it may flop. At the end of the day, you have to TRY!
1. The first thing that shows you you’re on the right path is FAILING, no question. If you’re failing, you’re trying and if you’re trying, eventually you will be successful. People get so caught up in this idea that modern media has engrained into our head about these “overnight successes.” Let me tell you something: I can PROMISE you that those were not OVERNIGHT at all. They were an immense amount of failures that people took lessons from and made their next move. Bottom line: Failure leads to lessons learned, which leads to smarter decisions, which lead to more smarter decisions, which lead to success. Don’t get it twisted, failing is good WHEN LEARNED FROM. Failing and not learning anything and moving forward is bad…
2. People will start talking behind your back about you, what you’re doing, who your becoming, practically every step you’ve taken to get to the point where you’re at. When that happens, you’re making impact and that is WITHOUT QUESTION a sign you are on the right path. When people talk about you behind your back, they are insecure. If your name is being mentioned when you’re not even AROUND, you are in people’s heads… That’s some Sun Tzu, Art of War type of stuff. If people are focused more on what you’re doing to the point where feel like they need to talk about it to others, KEEP GOING. Don’t worry about them, they’ll come around. Buckle down, focus on your vision, put on your blinders and KEEP GRINDING!
3. You feel more at peace. Even when things get hard, you’ve sold yourself so hard on this vision for yourself that there isn’t anything that can tear you down or make you quit. Even when things seem like complete and utter chaos around you, if you feel like you’re in the zone or the eye of the storm the entire time, you not only have inner peace with your mission but you also have BELIEF, which in my opinion is one of the most powerful tools humans can possess.
4. People who seem to “magically” appear at the right time of your life and believe in you are just another sign your on the right path. If you haven’t experienced that yet, keep going. You just haven’t gotten enough reps in yet that’s all! BUT, I can tell you that when you DO experience it, it’s euphoric. BUT, be careful to be EXTREMELY grateful for that gift because just as gracefully as it was given to you, it can be taken away. These people, like every person, is sent to TEACH US SOMETHING. Even if they piss you off, you need to possess the ability to slow down, take a step back and ask yourself, “What should I be LEARNING from this experience?” Which leads me to last point…
5. You will start to look at “problems” as CHALLENGES, money as a TOOL, time as one of the most valuable assets you have and your overall mindset will change. Things that were once REALLY difficult for you, all of a sudden are second nature and you seem to just flow from one thing to another. Even the difficult things you’re experiencing NOW, you don’t see as mountains that are impossible to climb. Your focus shifts to “which rock do I need to grab to get me that much closer to the top?” How can I leverage this to get that? What can I sacrifice NOW, that will give me a bigger return 6 months to a year from now instead of “what can I do to day to make my return TOMORROW better?” In the moment, you don’t think anything of it but I guarantee the people close to you and the rest of society will notice without question that you’ve changed when your MINDSET changes more so than anything else!
Overall message: KEEP GOING.
If you haven’t experienced these things yet, you will. They are on their way, but you have to stay patient- play the long game. If you HAVE experienced or ARE experiencing these things right now, enjoy them! Relish in them! Don’t be AFRAID of them, EMBRACE them and look for ways to make these uncomfortable situations even MORE uncomfortable because on the other side of uncomfortable is everything you’ve ever wanted: success, happiness, time-freedom, peace, etc.
Seek uncomfortable. Discover success.