Dandelion Honey (Vegan, Healthy for Liver)
If you are vegan or allergic, you don’t eat honey. But it’s so tasty and have some beneficial properties for our health! Of course there are some substitutions like maple syrup or agave, but they are neither widely accessible, nor cheap. With this recipe you can make your own tasty and healthy honey while leaving bees to be. It’s super cheap, dandelions are in every park for free, super healthy for liver, delicious and easy to make! Perfect sweetener in any recipe!
300 Dandelion Flowers (~ 0.5 kg)
1 kg Sugar
2 cups Water
- Go for a walk to the closest park and get some dandelions.
- Remove all the green parts of the flower. We’ll need only petals. Wash and drain well.
- Make a simple syrup. Into the pot put water and sugar. Simmer on medium until all the sugar dissolved.
- Put petals into syrup. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for 20 min.
- Add lemon juice and cook for another 5 min.
- Strain through the sieve and transfer to cute jar.
- Serve and enjoy! I like it best in my tea, lemon water or oatmeal.
Yield: ~ 0.75 l
Nutritional value (per 100g):
Vitamin A 51%
Vitamin C 17%
Happy honey and Eat with Spoon!