8 Not-So-Pleasant Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Slang
Most of us are guilty of it. In our fast-paced Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, texting universe we do not always have time to write out full words before rear ending the taupe minivan in front of you at the grocery store. I totally get it. Occasionally you have to abbreviate, use an acronym, or resort to slang in order to get a message out quickly.
However, the more time I spend on social media and texting I am finding there are some major offenders out there. More and more, entire posts or texts contain slang or abbreviation-only text. I am not sure if it is because the author finds it fast, easy, or is just a lazy sack.
Here is a list of acronyms, abbreviations, and slang I come across pretty frequently. I have included the definition for each, as well as how you could use the term in a full sentence.
- LLOL (Literally Laughing Out Loud) — “I am going to literally beat you with a rubber hose if you use LLOL in one more text to me.”
- Amazeballs (Amazing/Unbelievable) — “It would be amazeballs if you would lose my number so I never have to read another text from you.”
- JSYK (Just So You Know) — “JSYK I am going to shank your ass if you use this acronym one more time.”
- TBH (To Be Honest) — “TBH you look like a douchebag when you use this acronym.”
- IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) — “IMHO I would rather scratch my eyes out than read another one of your IMHO Facebook posts.”
- U (You) — “U are so f***ing lazy not to add the other two letters.”
- NSFW (Not Safe For Work) — “If you send me one more NSFW picture I am going to forward them all to your mother. Get a f’in life you degenerate.”
- YOLO (You Only Live Once) — “Listen you hippie, if you use YOLO one more goddamn time I am going to punch you in the face.”
2day, thnk bout wtf u type b4 u txt, FB, & @twtr. Bye Felicia!