Pledge 1%, long-time partner of Established and Startup of the Year, is a corporate philanthropy movement that inspires, educates, and empowers every entrepreneur, company, and employee to be a force for good.
On May 5, Pledge 1% is rallying the world to drive a massive, collective spike of generosity and engagement by launching #GivingTuesdayNow; a global day of giving and unity as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
Our industry in particular can do, and is currently doing, great work on behalf of the first responders, frontline workers, and nonprofits and community organizations that feed, house, educate, and nurture neighbors impacted by the pandemic. And, we here at Established are incredibly proud to know that many of our Startup of the Year alumni are doing what they can to help.
Some of the Startup of the Year Alumni featured:
- Aperiomics | 2018 Grand Prize Winner; Established Ventures Portfolio Company — Extensive testing company Aperiomics is offering COVID-19 testing for clinicians and patients. Learn more and order.
- Fiveable | 2019 Top 100 — Social learning platform Fiveable is available to AP students, teachers, and school districts during school closings due to COVID-19. Learn more here.
- Gearo | 2019 Top 100 — The curated outdoor gear marketplace Gearo has launched a COVID-19 Outdoor Retailer Relief Program, where they are offering their software program free for outdoor retailers for the next six months. Learn more.
- InEvent | 2019 Top 100 — InEvent is allowing users to experience great networking events, sessions, and learning moments at no charge. Learn more.
- Jeenie | 2020 SXSW Virtual Winner — Jeenie, which connects healthcare providers with live interpreters for confidential conversations, is donating free interpreting minutes to customers who need language assistance. Learn more or sign up for a coronavirus consultation here.
- Knack | 2018 Top 15 — Knack, whose mission is to ensure every student has access to quality academic support, is offering their technology at no cost to any tutoring centers who would like to use it. Learn more here.
- knowRX | 2020 Virtual SXSW — Mobile app knowRX has developed a new tool, the “Individual Health Insights” app, which assists individuals and caregivers in monitoring vital signs and symptoms that may relate to the onset and progression of COVID-19. Learn more here.
- Lazarus 3D | NASA iTech (Established Partner) Winner — Lazarus 3D prints organ and tissue models for medical training, but has temporarily pivoted due to COVID-19 and switched their factories to manufacture PPE to help supply hospitals and medical facilities. Learn more and download the PPE catalog.
- Lifekey | 2020 Startup Night SXSW — Lifekey’s wearable technology allows instant access to personal data and automatic emergency notifications, so they are working with doctors, patients, and labs to provide a secure method for COVID-19 antibody notification and verification. Learn more.
- Litesprite | 2018 Top 100 — Litesprite’s games can deliver data-driven insight to clinicians and patients, allowing providers to conduct clinical remote patient monitoring, while their mental health video game, Sinasprite, is available for anyone who needs a few minutes of self-care. Learn more here.
- MemoryWell | 2018 Top 100 — MemoryWell, the digital platform for storytelling that brings the skills of professional writers to the challenge of helping elders tell their stories, are offering free access to the timelines on their platform. Learn more and participate here.
- NeuroFlow | 2019 Top 15 — NeuroFlow’s Coronavirus Risk Assessment & Anxiety Screener will help route high-risk individuals to location specific testing resources, while also providing evidence-based tools and information to support the mental wellness of all during this difficult time. Learn more, and take the screener here.
- OneMilo | 2018 Grand Prize Winner; 2018 Top 100 & 2018 Startup Night SXSW Top 5; NASA iTech (Established Partner) Winner — OneMilo is currently taking orders for its COVID-19 IgG IgM SmartRapid qualitative immunoassay for the rapid detection of IgG and IgM antibodies to COVID-19 in human finger prick whole blood specimens. For more information visit here.
- re:3D | 2019 Grand Prize Winner — re:3D’s Gigabot flagship technology enables industrial strength, large format 3D printing at an affordable cost, so they are making PPE for hospitals in Texas and supporting community efforts to provide PPE in Puerto Rico and with their global community fighting COVID-19. Learn more here.
- Trust & Will | 2018 Top 100 — Trust & Will makes setting up a guardianship, will, or trust as simple as possible, and beginning April 1st any healthcare professional working in a public health setting in the U.S. can apply to receive a free will-based estate plan for themselves; including health care documents, HIPAA Authorization, and Medical Power of Attorney. Learn more, and start planning here.
- VictimsVoice | 2019 Top 100 — VictimsVoice, which gives victims a legal voice by providing a legally admissible way for victims to document abuse incidents in a safe, secure, consistent, complete, and private manner, is low and no-cost assistance. Learn more here.
Meanwhile, Established and Startup of the Year’s community partners are doing all they can to help:
- AFWERX — AFWERX is a community of Air Force innovators who strive to connect airmen to solutions across the force. The U.S. Air Force has established the Unite and Fight: COVID-19 Response Team initiative to assess and rapidly respond to challenges presented by this pandemic. They are collecting information from both government and non-government personnel who are interested in getting involved. All solutions are welcome. Learn more, and submit here.
- Hello Alice — Hello Alice is a free platform that helps businesses launch and grow. They have a resource center updated daily with real-world funding, resources, and support for small business owners adapting to the impacts of coronavirus. Hello Alice is also offering $10K Business for All Emergency Grants to businesses in needWhat do you need help with? Visit here.
- Covalent Logic — Covalent Logic is a corporate communications firm with offices in Austin and Baton Rouge, and it serves global clients like Shell Chemical and Hilton Worldwide. They were formed in 2005, in the middle of a crisis, and have tips and guidance covering working remotely, how to help your neighbors, and more. Read the news bits here.
- Embarc Collective — Embarc Collective is a startup collective composed of curators of experiences, resources, and environment that help forward-thinking founders and their teams thrive in Tampa Bay, FL. They have developed an open source database to support entrepreneurs and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic. View the database, add to it, and share it here.
Learn more about these efforts and more on our Startup of the Year COVID-19 Resources page.
Learn more about the Startup of the Year 2020 competition, application deadline, and our upcoming online events.