- Business is obviously extremely technology based in 2015. Having a website for your business in these days is a critical task. However, many businesses still fail to design a website properly and ultimately harm their image. Restaurants are the most notorious example of business that fail to market themselves through their website. This can be catastrophic and will cut you out from many potential customers who try to research places before eating out. Paying a professional to design your website can be costly though, especially when restaurants that normally operate on slim margins. Because of this, it is much cheaper to design your own website. This is not difficult as long as you follow the basic tips I list below. All these tips come with an explanation and reasoning.
Keep your website simple.
- This means do not use flashy graphics or lots of moving parts. These are ugly and make people want to close your website immediately.
- Use a normal sized font and text. Weird fonts can be seen as unprofessional. Excessively large fonts will be seen as shouting and be considered aggressive.
- Have all your links in obvious places. Someone looking up your website should not have to search through it to find your information.
- Don’t have too many different pages. Most information should be on your home page.
Make information about your restaurant easy to find.
- This means your location and hours.
- Consider posting driving directions from major roads along with your location.
- Your hours should be presented on the home page to be seen immediately.
- A “Contact us” page should exist with your location and phone number.
- Your policy for reserving or holding tables should also be listed on your website.
Have your menu on your website.
- This is the most important thing to include on your website.
- This should be presented in plain text. Do not make your potential customer download information in a PDF format or go through an annoying flash program to view your information. Remember, this should be the same as looking up any other kind of stores products. You don’t view Walmart’s catalog in a PDF file.
- Prices should obviously be included.
List your specials
- This can be Happy Hour or any other special event your restaurant offers.
Consider posting allergen information
- Your restaurant should have a clearly defined position on managing allergens. If you do not accommodate people with allergies it should be stated.
Platinum Boston SEO Services
200 Berkeley St
Boston, MA 02116