Home Remedies to Prevent and Treat Scars
Let’s first define what are scars. Scars are caused when the dermis — the layer of skin underneath the surface — is damaged. The body produces a fibrous tissue called collagen to close up the wound and aid in healing. Collagen can be left behind once the damage to the dermis has been repaired, resulting in a scar. This tissue is of lesser quality than the original cells and that is the reason why some scars tend to be more visible. In addition, these tissues are not able to grow hair since they have no follicles and are less resistant to UV radiation.
Some of the more common questions asked are “how can we get rid of our scars” or “how can we remove our scars”? Unfortunately, that fact is that scars can never be completely healed. Although there are a number of medical and cosmetic treatments to cover up scars, none of them will claim to remove them completely.
Most people seek out natural and herbal treatments to cover up their scars. Many of these home herbal methods that are safe, simple and more importantly, cost effective. Before seeking expensive, complicated surgical procedures you may want to try out a few of these home herbal remedies.
Most common home herbal remedies:
- Cucumber — squash up a slice of cucumber and rub the juice directly on the scar. Repeat this process 2–5 times a day and the scar will begin to smooth out and fade. A splash of lemon juice can also be mixed in with the cucumber juice for an added fragrance.
- Aloe Vera — this plant is well known for its ability to cool and soothe irritated skin. It is the only topical treatment when applied directly to the skin is known to reduce the appearance of scars. Repeated application of aloe vera is effective in the treating scars, especially for acne marks, due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Although regarded a safe treatment, any unusual side effects while using the treatment should be stopped and consult a medical professional.
- Garlic — this home remedy aids in the treatment of acne scars. Acne scars can be superficial, appearing as pockmarks, or sunken areas of the skin. Antibacterial and sulfur properties in garlic may help prevent the formation of acne by reducing the inflammation in the body.
- Baking soda — take 5 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix it until you make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the scars and let it dry. Wash it off, later on. Repeat this natural remedy twice a week.
- Apple Cider Vinegar — Dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the scars. This will fade the scars. Wash it off after 10 minutes.
Information in this article is not health advice. Always consult a qualified health professional before starting any new skin care routine.
Check this out to- http://funbostonweddingdj.com/dermefface-fx7-review-what-they-didnt-tell-you