Boost Your Website’s Google Ranking With SEO Process That Actually Works
There’s a viral joke among SEO service professionals that the best place to hide a dead body is on page two of Google search results. That’s because research has shown that 75 percent of people don’t read beyond the first search engine results page (SERP).
Meaning: If your website doesn’t rank high on Google, no one’s checking it.
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the solution to such lackluster online visibility. By implementing a variety of SEO best practices — inbound linking, for instance — one can improve both the quantity and the quality of traffic going to a site.
Ranking high takes both time and effort. But there are some SEO techniques out there that are easy to implement and will definitely bring some results. The best part? You can probably do everything yourself.
Anyone who works in marketing knows: unless your website reaches the first page of the search results for your desired keywords, it’s highly unlikely you’ll get the traction you need to reach the customers you want. And in a marketplace as vast and competitive as, well, the entire internet, it can feel like a pretty lofty goal to rise to the top.
From the keywords you choose to the backlinks you generate, there are multiple factors that contribute to how easily or not your website can be found. Learn the best tactics for your goals with this comprehensive information, so you can master everything from the foundations of SEO to generating high-quality backlinks that help set you as an authority in your industry.
Spoiler; to those better than me at SEO, please refrain from bashing, just trying to give a little back on what actually works for me.
⦁ Phase 1: Keyword Research — There are potential customers on the web right now, searching for a product or service like yours. The biggest goal of keyword research is to capture as many of those potential customers as possible and to convert them into sales. The biggest reason you are not ‘making sales’ is because you picked the wrong keyword. That is the specific term you want to rank your website for. “houses in Canada prices”, “cheap houses for sale in Canada” and many more is a very good keyword for a realtor in Canada.
Tools: I use KeywordEverywhere, Soolve, and KeywordRevealer for my research.
⦁ Phase 2: On-page Optimization — On-page or On-site optimization involves making sure your website pages, titles, tags, content and overall structure are optimized for your target keywords. With the example cited above on keyword research, the realtor website needed to be optimized with the researched keywords. On-page SEO helps search engines understand your website better, to gauge if your content would be relevant to people seeking information about anything online using a set of keywords.
Tools: I use MySiteAuditor and GTmetrix for this.
⦁ Phase 3: Competitors Methods Research — Your competitors are a goldmine of information that can inform every aspect of your SEO strategy and help to skyrocket your website’s organic traffic. In concrete terms, performing an SEO competitor analysis lets you find competitors’ weaknesses, and capitalize on them. Find competitors’ strengths, and replicate them.
Tools: I use Spyfu, K-meta, and ScreamingFrog for the competitor analysis.
⦁ Phase 4: Link Building — An essential part of any successful SEO methods. Link building (also known as backlinks and backlinking) is the practice of promoting your website to other website owners with the primary goal of securing a link (hyperlink) on their site to your page. On this phase, i build high-quality backlinks so as to outrank my competitors. Below are the types of backlinks i create;
- Video Creation & Submission — I create a nice video for the website and submit to top 5 video sharing sites like Youtube, Vimeo etc not forgetting to have a link back to my website from each of them. There are many tools and apps out there to get this done, i use VideoRobotApp for mine.
2. High Domain Authority WEB 2.0 Pyramid — With every project I start and I want to rank, I build a few 2.0s right away with a single filler article and I let them age. It does depend on keyword competition to some extent. For super-easy keywords, I will build 15 web2.0s and let them start aging. For a higher competition, I build at least 20.
Web 2.0 is a blog. Blogger, Wordpress, Tumblr, etc. You want to build your 2.0s as Do-Follow links. You can get No — Follow in a far easier way and I prefer to work with as much efficacy as possible. After a few weeks, I add an article with a link. The article on your 2.0s can be all the same exact article if you want to save money. Take your article, manually edit the copy for as many 2.0s as you have. Then put it through a spinner. Once it is spun, re-read it and edit out mistakes. Now you have as many unique articles as you need. Do not complicate things here. Make it unique manually, make sure it can be read and it will stick.
3. Diversity and Velocity Links — Next task is to build Social Bookmarks to each page I want to rank. The benefit of Social Bookmarks is the fact they are often No — Follow and help my pages get indexed quicker. I want a couple of Bookmarks to point to the page. This is about a low velocity and has a good ratio of No — Follow to Do-Follow links, and staying below the radar. Social Network is a basic Facebook / Reddit / Ect shares. Just posting my link on a social network platform. Again, normally No — Follow and mimics a real site sharing content. Take this opportunity to make real social pages for your site. It helps the content get indexed quicker.
4. PDF Docs & Infographics Sharing — On here, I’ll create a well-meaning and entertaining article on any issues related to my industry. Make it a PDF, then submit to top pdf sharing platforms with a link back to my website. I will also create an infographic or any related viral image and upload to photo sharing sites like Flickr, PhotoBucket etc creating a nice link back to my site.
5. Premium Press Release — Content syndication on the world’s top sites like is no doubt one of the most successful ways to promote and grow any business. Imagine getting a reference to your site from ibtimes, NBC, CBS etc can not only result in huge exposure but also creates high authority. Not to mention that the backlinks from these sites will push the site to top in all search engines.
6. Private Blog Network — Authority PBN is the private blogs network getting links from world’s largest websites like BBC, Nytimes, Guardian etc that have established a substantial degree of trust and authority with search engines as a result of their age, quality and size. I always include this on all SEO strategies i test run no matter the keywords competition and the least links i go for is about 40 links which is more than enough to see a significant increase in rankings.
7. Classified Ads Posting — Many people out there now over-look this but not me since i know how much they mean to all my techniques. On this, I’ll create short ads about business and post to top classified ads with links back to my website.
8. Question & Answers Platforms — Website like Yahoo Answer & Quora are popular Q/A sites where users post questions and others provide answers. I always search for relevant questions related to my business here and provide answers with a live link back to my site. This does not only get me some quick sales/leads but seems fun while doing what you know best.
9. 2nd Tier Links — Here i try to start building both contextual and non-contextual links to all backlinks created. In total, I want around 500 Contextual links to each web 2.0. This may sound like a lot, but I spread it out over 20–30 days. So a handful of links to each 2.0 helps pass link juice to them and make them more and stronger.
10. Social Signals — No links needed to build here but to start sharing all the major links on social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
⦁ Phase 5: Backlinks Indexing — The last on the list is to index all links created and start tracking my keywords on search engine rank position (SERP). I use SERProbot and SERPfox for this. In most cases, i usually get my desired results within 2–3 months on new websites and just 3 weeks if established/old websites.
Everything listed above doesn’t really require an expert but care should be taken with the percentage of keywords/anchors you’re using as overuse of that can knock off an elephant, yes, getting your website penalized. And that would make your website disappear permanently on all search engines so I would advise you leave the fixing, building, and others to experts.
Not sure where to get started and who to use? Not to worry. Heybeewhy currently provides this as a service on Fiverr as at the time of writing this. We met at Chiang Mai SEO Conference in Thailand and she never hesitated to help a lost soul gaining his confidence back on the search engine.