6 Easy Ways to Increase Your Facebook Page Reach
The topic of Facebook page reach and engagement has come up a ton in the past lately, so I thought I would share with you some of the things I am doing on my Facebook page that has been shown to be extremely effective!
While most business pages on Facebook are seeing reach drop and hover around 1–6%, I am seeing mine grow. Right now I am seeing reach around 15–22%. While that is still not as high as I would like to see, it is FAR higher than what I was seeing and what other pages currently have.
So what have I done differently to get this reach growth?
I would like to attribute it to 6 things:
- ْFacebook Live video: I am seeing a great deal more reach and engagement when I use Facebook live on my page. The last non-boosted live video I shared had a 22% reach! Even if you do not see viewers when you are live, the video reach will continue to grow after the fact.This is currently the number one thing I attribute to my growing numbers. Here is a post from my Facebook page that explains it better than I can in just text:
- Tagging: I have been tagging other pages in my post when it makes sense. For example I tagged Gary V in a post when I shared a LinkedIn SlideShare he did. That post got a 15% reach.
- Boosting post when it makes sense: Not all posts should be boosted. In fact I would typically recommend a regular boosted ad via the ads manager OVER a boost on page. However if the right elements come together, it can equal big results. I boosted a live video I did that was already seeing great reach and the results have been HUGE. The key to a boosted ad (on page boost) is the post should already be seeing a decent amount of traction/actions. Also, I recommend you use custom audiences here. I always recommend that you set up custom audiences in the ad manager BEFORE you boost anything.
- Most value packed posts: If you go to my page and scroll down and look at the last several things I have posted to my timeline, you will see I am giving some great value. There is very little promotional stuff. Mostly how tos that are quick and helpful. You see when people interact with your post because they enjoy the content, Facebook will release it to more of your audience. That is why it is important that we share high value content.
- Share to my group: I have a growing group of about 300 people that I share my most valued posts to. So let’s say I create a how to video. I will post it on my Facebook business page, and then I will share it in my group. This should only be done when it makes sense and brings value to the community.
- I keep people ON FACEBOOK: Yes, you want to get traffic to content on your website, but if you want to see more reach and higher engagement, you need to post content that keeps people ON Facebook. Facebook wants you to keep people on Facebook so they will give priority to post that do this.
I hope this helps those of you looking for more reach. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Originally published at Stellar Media Marketing.