10 Beginner Tips For Creating Beautiful Watercolor Paintings!
1. As a beginner, instead of going on a shopping spree and buying every possible watercolor, focus on buying just few basic ones initially. Go after quality rather than quantity. Invest on some higher quality watercolor paints.
2. Add a good set of select brushes to your watercolors supplies. Have at least one round pointed brush, it is the most versatile kind. Flat brushes, wash or mop type brushes and detail brushes are some other useful kinds of watercolor brushes.
3. Always apply the wet watercolor on a rough piece of paper to check how the color looks once it dries up. It may not look as bright as it did in the palette.
4. Don’t be stingy when mixing the watercolor with water! In fact, use a little more color than you think you’ll need when mixing and preparing the paint. Preparing same kind of paint over and over can be frustrating.
5. There are special types of paper available for creating watercolor paintings, use those. They are designed to soak in the watercolor moisture. Using simple drawing paper won’t give good results.
6. Keep changing the water to keep the purity of the colors intact. If you are tired of changing water repeatedly, just use a large container of water so that the water doesn’t become murky quickly.
7. An essential part of your watercolors supplies is a palette. Your palette should be spacious enough so that you can mix and prepare each of your color paints in a separate area, sufficiently away from the others.
8. Have a sketch ready before you start working on your watercolor art. This sketch will act as a guide for the composition that you want to create. Either have the sketch ready on a separate paper or use very thin, delicate pencil lines to draw the sketch on the painting surface.
9. After washing the brush with water, while changing colors, dab it dry using a clean cloth. This will help absorb excess of water from the brush. Too much of water in brush can cause your watercolor to spread more than you would like it to.
10. If you are worried about painting over areas that you want to avoid, use a masking fluid to protect these areas. This is a great way to ensure that you only paint the areas that you want to.
Let us know if you used our tips to create painting. Upload your photo on Facebook and Instagram and tag us @ https://www.facebook.com/stelling.dk